Are you here looking for an easy slow cooker cheesy potato recipe?
I am going to teach you how to make this easy Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole.
This slow cooker cheesy hash brown casserole include Hash browns, butter, onion, Cream of Chicken Soup, sour cream, Cajun Seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and lots of sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
You can find Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole in any Southern cookbook. So, why am I adding a post for this Crock Pot Cheesy Hash Brown casserole?
Make This Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole In Your Slow Cooker
I made this Casserole for years in the oven, but I decided to try these cheesy potatoes in the crockpot. It is a great way to free up oven space when you are cooking multiple things. This Hash Brown Casserole is an excellent side dish to ham, turkey, chicken or beef entrees. Try these Cheesy Hash Browns instead of a baked potato.
Add Bacon For A Treat
For an extra treat, add 6 to 8 slices of crumbled bacon in these potatoes. Adding the bacon to the potatoes makes a perfect breakfast dish. I had the crumbled bacon ready for this casserole and completely forgot to add it. No one noticed the bacon was missing. The potatoes are incredibly delicious with or without the bacon.
If you enjoy this Casserole, try my Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Browns & Ham Casserole. It is perfect for dinner or even breakfast
What recipe did I adapt to make this Crock Pot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole?
The original recipe is from Tried & True Secret Recipes Cookbook by Ron Douglas. If you are preparing these potatoes in the oven, it calls for 2 cups of crushed Corn Flakes mixed with 1/4 cup butter for the topping. For my crock-pot version, I omitted the topping and added shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I did not think the Corn Flakes would get crispy in the crockpot. I also added one teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning for additional flavor.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS
- MY SLOW COOKER EBOOK
- SLOW COOKERS
- ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER COOKBOOKS
Crock-Pot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- 32 ounces hash browns frozen, thawed, not shredded
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup to mix with hash browns and 1 cup for topping
- Mix the cream of chicken soup, melted butter, onion, sour cream, pepper, garlic, and Cajun seasoning, and hash browns.
- Add 1 cup of cheese on top of everything.
- Cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours in your crock-pot.
- Potatoes should be creamy. Do not over cook!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
- BEST BACON BROCCOLI SALAD
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD DRESSING
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- BEST SOUTHERN WHITE BEANS
- SOUTHERN BLACK-EYED PEAS
- BROCCOLI YELLOW RICE CASSEROLE
- SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- BEST DEVILED EGGS – “BACON AND EGGS”
- LAYERED LETTUCE SALAD
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.