Easy Lima Beans prepared in a Slow cooker.
Since I am a huge crock-pot fan, I just had to try making Lima Beans Casserole in a slow cooker.
Cookbooks and Slow Cookers
A lot of women purchase shoes or clothes, not me. I buy Crock-pots and cookbooks.
On any day, I would choose a new cookbook over a new pair of shoes or a piece of clothing. There is nothing like seeing the smiles on friends and family when they are enjoying something I have prepared to eat. This is why I get so excited to try new recipes, and what makes it even better is trying them in my crock-pot. If you have eaten at my house, I probably used my crock-pot to prepare at least one of the dishes on the menu. I have several crock-pots, and many days they are all full. These slow cooker Lima Beans are a deliciously creamy, cheesy side dish. It turned out just as creamy and delicious as normal.
I would love to hear from you, especially if you have never had a Lima Bean Casserole. I am just curious to find out if Lima Beans are just a Southern dish.
CROCK POT LIMA BEAN CASSEROLE
- 1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup
10 ounce can
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- One 10 ounce frozen Lima Beans
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French’s Fried Onions
1 cup goes in the recipe and one cup goes on top of the lima beans
- Mix all these ingredients in a large bowl except for 1 cup French Fried Onions.
- Spray a crock-pot (I used a 5-quart crock-pot) with a cooking spray.
- Pour the ingredients into the crock-pot
- Top with the remaining French Fried Onions.
- This recipe only serves 6 to 8. You may want to double it!
- Cook on low for 2 – 1/2 hours. The Lima beans will be bubbling around the edges when they are done. Turn the crock-pot to warm until you are ready to serve them.
Cook on low for 2 – 1/2 hours. The Lima beans will be bubbling around the edges when they are done. Turn the crock-pot to warm until you are ready to serve them.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.