Garlic Mashed or Smashed potatoes are so delicious and go well with many dishes.
Prepare these Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes with little effort all in the crockpot.
The next time you make Garlic Mashed Potatoes try using your crock-pot. It is easy and has less clean up because everything is prepared in the same pot, the crockpot. I even mash the potatoes and serve them from the crock-pot. I used five pounds Red Potatoes, real butter, crushed garlic, and an eight-ounce container of Cream Cheese with Chives and Onions to make these Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Any potatoes will work. I just prefer red potatoes. Most of the time, I will leave the skin on the potatoes to get more nutrients out of them.
Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook
This basic recipe was from Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining. I added Cream Cheese with Chives and Onions and used 5 pounds of potatoes instead of the 2 lbs in the original recipe. I also used crushed garlic instead of granulated garlic.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS
- MY SLOW COOKER EBOOK
- SLOW COOKERS
- ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER COOKBOOKS
Crock-Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Red Potatoes 5 Pounds of potatoes makes about 8 cups mashed
- Three teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons real butter
- 3 Tablespoon of crushed garlic I used minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1- 8- ounce container of Cream Cheese with Chives and Onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- Wash and cut Red potatoes into inch size pieces. Place in crock-pot.
- Add sea salt, pepper, butter, crushed garlic, and water to the crock-pot.
- Toss the potatoes to mix well.
- Cook the potatoes on high for 3-1/3 hours until they are fork tender.
- Add the cream cheese with chives and onion along with the milk.
- Use a potato masher to mash up the potatoes to the consistency your family enjoys.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.