Do you want to make meatloaf and have people rave about it? Your family will love this Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe. This recipe is full of tips and secrets.
This Crock Pot Meatloaf recipe is
How did I come up with this moist meatloaf recipe?
If you are not a meatloaf fan, try this moist meatloaf made in a Slow Cooker. Nothing says comfort food better than meatloaf. This meatloaf is not only moist but delicious. Plus, the sauce is sweet and tangy magic. You may just change your mind about meatloaf after giving this moist slow cooker meatloaf a try.
What is in this Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf?
This crock-pot moist meatloaf is seasoned well with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and Worcestershire Sauce. The topping is made with vinegar, dark brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire Sauce. Trust me with this Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf is it super tasty. If you had rather prepare this meatloaf cooked in the oven, you could find the instructions here.
My Kids Gave Me The Idea For Crock Pot Moist Meatloaf
My kids are always suggesting things for me to try cooking like the Pecan Pound Cake with Praline Sauce. They came up with it, and it turns out amazing. They enjoy my meatloaf and recently asked me why I never made it in the crock-pot. I immediately said, “What a great idea?” They all know how much I love and use my crock-pot. After cooking the meatloaf in my crock-pot, I love it.
Foil Handles Are The Secret To Getting The Meatloaf Out Crock Pot
I used foil handles I made to put under the meatloaf to be able to pick it up when it was done. It worked perfectly. The meatloaf not only had the same delicious taste as usual, but it looked pretty too.
Use a Meat Thermometer
Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf. When the meat reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more. I cooked this meat on high for 3-1/2 hours. I used a little over 3 pounds of ground beef. You could also cook it on low about 6 to 7 hours.
We all live life at a hectic pace. The time we have to spend in the kitchen, especially during the week, is getting less and less. But thanks to my friend the crock-pot, we can still have a delicious meal with little time spent in the kitchen.
See more of my Southern Comfort Food here. 50 CLASSIC SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running, but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure
- Manual Food Processor
- All New Soups, Stews & Chilis
- Sample Quick Cooker
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS – A fun item to have when you have a football party.
- SLOW COOKERS
Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipes
- 3 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup oats
- 1 onion very finely chopped (see picture)
- ½ bell pepper very finely chopped (see picture)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- Spray a 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, oats, egg, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Make foil handles. See tips below.
- Shape into one large loaf and place it in the center of the crock-pot on top of the foil handles.
- Add ½ of the sauce before baking.
- Cook on high 3 12/ hours or low 6 to 7 hours.
- The meatloaf is done once it reaches 170 F degrees but take it out of the crock-pot or turn it off once it reaches 165 degrees. This will keep it from drying out. It will finish cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- After you bring the sauce to a boil, cut the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If using your crock-pot, add half of the sauce on top of the meatloaf in the slow cooker. Add the other half of the sauce the last 30 minutes it is in the slow cooker.
Tips: When Making this CROCK POT MOIST MEATLOAF
- Use heavy-duty aluminum foil to make a handle lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker.
- Cut two pieces of heavy-duty foil 8 inches wide by 20 inches in length for a 7-quart slow cooker.
- Fold the heavy foil in half so that it is 4 inches wide.
- Place the foil crisscross at the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Smooth out the foil handles on the bottom of the slow cooker plus equal lengths up the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cook the meatloaf with half of the sauce. Save the other half of the sauce to add 30 minutes before removing from the slow cooker.
- Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf.
- Remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker using the foil handles.
- Place on a dish with a lip to allow the meatloaf to drain.
- When the Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and the sauce from the slow cooker.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.