You want to make meatloaf and have people rave about it? Your family will love this Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe. This recipe is full of tips and secrets.
If you had rather prepare your meatloaf in the oven, see my fabulous Super Moist Meatloaf Recipe. Your family will love this classic comfort food.
This Crock Pot Meatloaf recipe is
How did I come up with this Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe?
This recipe is my Southern Meatloaf recipe that I adapted for my slow cooker.
Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee is where the meatloaf recipe came from, although I have changed it a little over the years. I used 3 pounds of ground beef instead of 2 lbs. I also used 1/2 chopped bell pepper, 1/2 cup oats, Worcestershire Sauce, and tomato sauce instead of catsup.
My Kids Gave Me The Idea For Crock Pot Meatloaf
My kids are always suggesting things for me to try cooking like the Pecan Pound Cake with Praline Sauce. They enjoy my meatloaf and recently asked me why I never made it in the crock-pot. I immediately said, “What a great idea?” They all know how much I love and use my crock-pot. After cooking the meatloaf in my crock-pot, I love it.
If you are not a meatloaf fan, try this moist Slow Cooker Meatloaf. Nothing says comfort food better than meatloaf. This meatloaf is not only moist but delicious. Plus, the sauce is sweet and tangy magic. You may change your mind about meatloaf after giving this moist slow cooker meatloaf a try.
What is in this Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe?
This crock-pot moist meatloaf is seasoned well with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and Worcestershire Sauce. The topping uses vinegar, dark brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire Sauce. Trust me with this Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf is it super tasty. If you had rather prepare this meatloaf cooked in the oven, you could find the instructions here.
First Step: Cooking Spray & Foil Handles (see below)
Second Step: Ground Beef
Third Step: Shape Beef
Fourth Step: Sauce
Fourth Step: Cook
Tips: When Making this CROCK POT MOIST MEATLOAF
- Use heavy-duty aluminum foil to make a handle lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker.
- Cut two pieces of heavy-duty foil 8 inches wide by 20 inches in length for a 7-quart slow cooker.
- Fold the heavy foil in half so that it is 4 inches wide.
- Place the foil crisscross at the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker. Spray the slow cooker with that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Smooth out the foil handles on the bottom of the slow cooker plus equal lengths up the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cook the meatloaf with half of the sauce. Save the other half of the sauce to add 30 minutes before removing from the slow cooker.
- Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf.
- Remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker using the foil handles.
- Place on a dish with a lip to allow the meatloaf to drain.
- When the Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more.
Let Your Meatloaf Cool
If you cut into your meatloaf while it is still hot, it will fall apart.
What can I use If I do not have any bread crumbs?
Crushed crackers make an excellent bread crumb substitute in meatloaf. You could also use crushed stuffing.
Foil Handles Are The Secret To Getting The Meatloaf Out Crock Pot
Use foil handles to put under the meatloaf to pick it up when it is ready. It worked perfectly. The meatloaf not only had the same delicious taste as usual, but it looked pretty too.
How do you know when meatloaf is done?
Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf. When the meat reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more. I cooked this meat on high for 3-1/2 hours. I used a little over 3 pounds of ground beef. You could also cook it on low about 6 to 7 hours.
We all live life at a hectic pace. The time we have to spend in the kitchen, especially during the week, is getting less and less. But thanks to my friend the crock-pot, we can still have a delicious meal with little time spent in the kitchen.
If you are not a Sweet & Tangy Fan, try one of these meatloaf Glazes.
Apricot-Mustard Sauce: Mix 1 cup of apricot preserves and 1/4 cup Dijon mustard.
Cranberry Glaze: Stir together 1 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce.
Peach-Chile Glaze: Mix 1 cup peach preserves with four teaspoons of Asian chili sauce with garlic.
Next-Day Enjoy Meatloaf Sandwiches
Slice leftover meatloaf into 3/4 inch thick. If you want a larger piece, go for it. On a lightly greased skillet or grill pan, warm the meatloaf on both sides. If you prefer, add a slice of cheese and warm until melted. Serve between bread slices.
See more of my Southern Comfort Food here. 50 Classic Southern Comfort Food Recipes
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running, but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
Crock Pot Meatloaf
- 3 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup oats
- 1 onion very finely chopped (see picture)
- ½ bell pepper very finely chopped (see picture)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- Spray a 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, oats, egg, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Make foil handles. See tips below.
- Shape into one large loaf and place it in the center of the crock-pot on top of the foil handles.
- Add ½ of the sauce before baking.
- Cook on high 3 12/ hours or low 6 to 7 hours.
- The meatloaf is done once it reaches 170 F degrees but take it out of the crock-pot or turn it off once it reaches 165 degrees. This will keep it from drying out. It will finish cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- After you bring the sauce to a boil, cut the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If using your crock-pot, add half of the sauce on top of the meatloaf in the slow cooker. Add the other half of the sauce the last 30 minutes it is in the slow cooker.
What to serve with your meatloaf?
This slow cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole includes Hash browns, butter, onion, Cream of Chicken Soup, sour cream, Cajun Seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and lots of sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
Other Fall Slow Cooker Favorites
Slow Cooker Cajan Smothered Steak
This Slow Cooker Cajun Smothered Steak is cooked low and slow in the Slow Cooker until it is fork-tender. It is the perfect flavorful, hearty meal.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3-1/2 pounds round steak or cube steak
- salt & pepper
- bell pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lipton onion soup mix
- Cajun Seasoning
Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing
This Crock pot Chicken & Stuffing includes all the smells and flavors of fall foods. It will remind you of a delicious Thanksgiving feast.
You will need the following for this chicken & stuffing recipe: chicken breast, swiss cheese, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, eggs, milk, salt & pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Chicken & Dumplings Slow Cooker
Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings are much easier to make than the homemade version. Let your slow cooker do all the work when making delicious comfort food.
You will need the following for this Chicken & Dumplings Crock Pot: chicken breast, celery, onion, bay leaves, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, salt & pepper, Cajun seasoning, poultry seasoning, and refrigerated biscuits.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is so moist, tender, and full of flavor.
When I serve beef stroganoff, you can hear a pin drop on the table because of the silence. Everyone enjoys beef Stroganoff. This crock pot beef stroganoff is so tender you can tear it apart with a fork. If you enjoy Beef Stroganoff, you have to try this delicious recipe.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Lasagna is homemade comfort food and a favorite dish for everyone. Why not give this Slow Cooker Lasagna a try and make everyone happy.
There is nothing like a good lasagna, and this slow cooker lasagna makes cooking lasagna a little easier. To make it easier to prepare, you do not even have to cook the noodles. This recipe includes enough sauce so that you can layer the lasagna noodles without cooking them first. You layered everything in the slow cooker and cooked on low for four hours. After that, the irresistible goodness is ready for you to enjoy.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.