Have You Been Wanting to try making Praline Pecans at home
These CrockPot Praline Pecans are sweet, crunchy, easy to prepare, and super delicious using your slow cooker.
I love the tastes and smells that penetrate the air when cinnamon pecans and praline pecans are being cooked. You can find these sweet pecans cooking at most malls, sporting events, Theme Parks, and more.
Praline Pecans Are Always Calling My Name
These sugary treats seem always to be calling my name. The only problem is they can get expensive and come in a tiny sack which disappears fast with my big family. So, I decided to try making a larger batch at home. I adapted the Praline Pecan recipe from New Orléans Classic Desserts Cookbook by Kit Wohl. The main difference I made with this recipe is I used my crock-pot. These CrockPot Praline Pecans were easy to make and turned out Wonderful!! I will be making these Praline Pecans again and again.
New Orleans Classic Desserts Cookbook
Praline Pecans – this recipe was adapted from New Orleans Classic Desserts Cookbook by Kit Wohl. I coated the pecans with a frothy egg white before adding the other ingredients. I also used my crock-pot instead of preparing these pecans in the oven.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Crock-Pot Praline Pecans
- 4 cups pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- Four tablespoons unsalted butter
- Two tablespoon light corn syrup
- One egg white
- Two teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white until frothy.
- Mix the pecans in the frothy egg white.
- Stir in the sugar and the brown sugar.
- Add in the melted butter, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Spray the crock-pot with a cooking spray.
- Add the pecan mixture.
- Cook for 3 -1/2 hours on low.
- Stir the pecans every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pecans from the crock-pot and let dry on parchment paper.
- Separate the pecans as they dry.
White Chocolate Pretzel Krispies
I have been making this White Chocolate Pretzel Krispies since my kids were little over 15 years ago. They have always been an easy treat for school parties.
You simply melt a bag of White Chocolate Chips and add Rice Krispies for crunch, crushed pretzels for salt and crunch, and pecans. You drop them by spoonfuls on parchment paper or wax paper. Store these in an air-tight container and you will have a simple and easy treat for neighbors, teachers, or your kids during the holidays.
If you are like me, sometimes you just need to make things that are easy. I love to prepare food from scratch which is how I learned to cook. Over the past few years, however, I have less and less time to cook from scratch. I am going to try to focus my life and my blog around recipes that are homemade but are easy to prepare and super tasty.
White Chocolate Pretzel Krispies
- One bag of White Chocolate Chips
- And 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup pretzels crushed
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Continue melting the chocolate for 15 seconds at a time and stir until very smooth.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal, chopped pecans, and the crushed pretzels.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper or wax paper.
- Allow them to dry.
- Store this candy in an air-tight container.
Be sure to check out these White Chocolate Candy Clusters made with Pringles. They are incredibly sweet, salty and crunchy. Out of all my quick and easy sweet treats or candies, this one is my favorite. I love the Salty Pringles potato chips with white chocolate.