This Crock Pot Mexican Chicken is so easy and delicious, but the best thing about this chicken is the endless possibilities for using it.
If you are on a KETO low carb diet, serve this Crock Pot Mexican Chicken in a low carb tortilla or a lettuce leaf. Top your Mexican chicken with sour cream and cheese.
I use this Crock Pot Mexican Chicken for tacos, taco salad, enchiladas, tortilla soup, quesadillas, burritos, a taco ring, nachos, BBQ Quesadilla, and more. This Crock Pot Mexican Chicken works great on a buffet where everyone can build their favorite tacos, burritos, or a taco salad. By cooking this chicken slowly in the crock pot, it will just fall apart, which is perfect for all these Mexican dishes.
Mexican Chicken Is Simple To Make
This Mexican Chicken is simple to make, and you can easily double it for a crowd. When the chicken is done, you can simply take two forks and shred it. It can be stored in a zip-lock freezer bag and kept in your freezer to have ready for a quick meal.
Dinner In A Snap With Mexican Chicken
The main reason I love this Crock Pot Mexican Chicken is it can be used in so many Mexican recipes. Mexican food is not only delicious but easy to prepare. You could have dinner ready in a snap. This chicken is quick to prepare in advance and has saved me many times when I had no time to prepare a meal.
My Goal Is Always To Be Quick To Listen
One of my favorite Bible verses talks about being quick to listen. If we are quick to do anything, we need to practice being a quick listener. Over the years, it has helped me so much to remember this Bible verse when I want to be ready to give a solution. When we are quick to listen, it shows others that we do care about them. It also helps us to be able to understand the entire picture of what is happening.
Crock-Pot Tex-Mex Shredded Chicken (Tex-Mex Seasoning Recipe)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Tex-Mex Seasoning Recipe: Combine the following ingredients. 2 Tablespoons equal one pack of seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- You will also need:
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- juice lime.
- Wash the chicken and generously season the chicken breast on both sides with your favorite Mexican seasoning. You can use a prepared Taco seasoning or Fajita seasoning mix. I like to make my Tex-Mex seasoning using the following recipe.
- Mix the Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Season each chicken breast very well.
- Place the seasoned chicken breast in the bottom of a crock-pot.
- Add one large chopped onion
- add chicken broth
- juice of 1 lime.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until it is completely falling apart.
- It should shred easily using a couple of forks.
- You may want to add some of the liquid from the crock-pot back into the chicken.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS
- MY SLOW COOKER EBOOK
- SLOW COOKERS
- ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER COOKBOOKS
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.