If you are looking for a quick, easy, chocolaty, and very delicious cookie recipe using a cake mix, these Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies are for you.
You can whip up these Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies at the last-minute and still impress everyone. They are similar to a whoopie cookie. I color the icing to match the theme, party or season. These Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies are pretty if you leave them white and add some colored sprinkles on the edges too. We love these cookies. They have become a family favorite which means everyone loves to help bake them and eat them. I follow the basic recipe for and then add this yummy filling made with Marshmallow.
If you love fabulous desserts using cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTS
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies
- Two boxes Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Four eggs beaten
- Mix all the ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. I use a small ice cream scoop 1 TB size and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- 3 -1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes at one tablespoon size. NO LONGER.
- I use a small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- Cool completely before adding the filling or the cookie will break.
- Use an electric mixer and beat filling ingredients until fluffy.
- Spread the filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies.
- Top each with another cookie.
- Store in an airtight container
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.