Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see this Duck Dynasty Crawfish Pie.
I purchased my Duck Commander’s Recipe Video while visiting Duck Commander’s Gift Shop in Louisiana. While living in Louisiana, we fell in love with crawfish pies, and I wanted to learn how to make them. I do not get a commission for this DVD, but I am going to add a link if you would like to purchase a copy.
My teenagers enjoy watching Duck Dynasty.
Because we lived 6 1/2 years in Louisiana, they can relate to some of the culture and food on the show. Louisiana food is delicious and unique to that area. While living in Louisiana, I learned how to create some great Cajun food, but I never learned how to prepare Crawfish pie.
Kay’s Recipe Video
Kay Robertson demoed the homemade pie crust while Willie Robertson demoed the crawfish filling for the pies. I already have a great , including a video, that I placed on my blog but I had never made the Crawfish pie filling. My kids were excited for me to test out the recipe. It turned out delicious. I made a small adjustment to the recipe by adding some Old Bay seasoning. I love the flavor of Old Bay and Cajun Seasoning together in my seafood. I decided to make a video show you how easy this crawfish pie is to prepare. It is loaded with vegetables. After chopping all the vegetables, making the crawfish pie is easy. I hope you will watch my video and try this delicious recipe yourself.
Duck Dynasty-Crawfish Pie-Video
- 3 pounds Crawfish tails cooked in 1 stick butter
- one-fourth cup olive oil
- And 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped fine
- One large white onion chopped fine
- One bell pepper chopped fine
- Two celery stalks chopped fine
- Two tablespoons minced garlic
- One can cream mushroom soup
- One can evaporate milk
- Two tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Two teaspoons Cajun seasoning 1 to season veggies and 1 to season crawfish
- One teaspoon black pepper
- 2- 9- inch pie shells 2 bottoms and two tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt one stick of butter and add 3 pounds of crawfish tails.
- In another skillet, add the olive oil and one-fourth cup butter and sauté the onions, bell pepper, and celery.
- Cook the vegetables 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and one teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, add them to the skillet with the crawfish.
- Add one can cream mushroom soup to the vegetables and crawfish.
- Wisk the cornstarch with the evaporated milk and it to the vegetables and crawfish.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Add two teaspoons Old Bay seasoning.
- Mix in the other teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- Add one teaspoon black pepper.
- Prick the bottom of the two pie shells.
- Add the crawfish mixture.
- Place the other pie crust on top of each crawfish mixture and prick with a fork.
- Place the pie in the preheated 350-degree oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.