Are you a peanut butter and chocolate fan? My family loves this Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Dessert. This dessert is easy to make using cake mix chocolate waffles.
Two of my kids even have nicknames “Peanut” and “Butter”. My special needs son, but he also has selective mutism and processing problems. He rarely says a word; that is unless he is provoked. Years ago, my oldest daughter was picking on Caleb. She kept calling him “Peanut”. He finally had enough and SCREAMED “You BUTTER”. From that day on, my oldest daughter, who is now 22 and in medical school, is known as “BUTTER”. Caleb is called “PEANUT”. It is the perfect name for them because they are best friends and stick together like Peanut Butter.
This dessert not only has creamy peanut butter, but chocolate. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Dessert is easy to make using cake mix or brownie mix waffles. I love the brownie layered in this dessert, but I only had cake mix when I made it this time. The brownies bake on the waffle iron too. The chocolate layer is instant chocolate pudding. The peanut butter mixture is made with cream cheese and heavy cream. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Dessert has whipped topping and peanut butter cookies on top.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Dessert
- CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX OR BROWNIE MIX
- 1 box cake mix or brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
- 1 - 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 to 3 crushed peanut butter cookies per dish
- 8 ounce container of whipped topping
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING:
- Make the instant chocolate pudding according to the package directions.
- CHOCOLATE WAFFLE:
- Mix up the chocolate cake mix or brownie mix according to the package.
- Spray your waffle iron with a cooking spray.
- Cook waffles according to the waffle iron directions.
- Cut the waffle up to fix the glass container.
- PEANUT BUTTER MIXTURE:
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and 1/4 cup heavy cream until smooth.
- BEAT ONE CUP OF HEAVY CREAM IN SEPARATE BOWL until light and fluffy.
- Fold the heavy cream into the peanut butter mix well.
- The peanut butter cream cheese mixture will thicken up it the refrigerator.
- LAYER a piece of the waffle that fits down into your glass, followed by the chocolate pudding, waffle, peanut butter mixture, crumbled cookies, whipped topping, and a cookie on top.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.