Are you looking for an easy, simple, delicious dessert? Are you a coconut fan? If so, you will love this Easy Coconut Cake Recipe.
5 Ingredients For This Easy Coconut Cake
This easy Coconut Cake is made using five simple ingredients, including cake mix, coconut, sugar, sour cream, and whipped topping. It is so simple to make and super delicious. You will not be disappointed in this truly easy and super tasty.
If you are looking for other Easter treats, try the following:
- SPRINGTIME SPRINKLES POUND CAKE
- EASTER OREO’S
- KRISPIE EASTER EGGS
- Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake
- BEST LEMON TREATS
- UNLEAVENED COMMUNION BREAD RECIPE
My Husband’s Favorite Cake
My husband, Jerry, loves coconut cake, and this easy coconut cake is his favorite. It is my favorite coconut cake too. The sugar, sour cream, and coconut mixture absorb all through the cake, making it super moist. Coconut, sour cream, and sugar are the strange combination of ingredients in this filling, but it is a delicious sweet treat. I make this cake for special occasions. We were not home this Thanksgiving or Christmas due to my father in law passing away just before Thanksgiving. Instead of waiting for Easter to make this easy coconut cake, I decided to make it this weekend. It was a perfect time before buckling down to try to lose a few pounds.
You Can Make This Cake Using 9×13 Baking Dish.
I have made this easy coconut cake several times using a 9 x 13 baking dish. This time, I used two eight-inch round cake pans. Baking this cake in round cake pans makes a beautiful presentation. I love to see the layered filling when you slice a piece of cake. This cake keeps well. It truly gets even better after a couple of days if it lasts that long.
Easy Coconut Cake Only 5 Ingredients
You begin making this easy coconut cake by baking a cake mix according to the package directions. After the cake cools, you slice the two cake layers in half horizontally. The filling mixture includes coconut, sugar, and sour cream. It gets spread in between every layer. Reserve a cup of the coconut filling and add a tub of whipped topping. This mixture will frost the entire cake. The frosting is exceptionally light, fluffy, sweet, and beautiful.
Why use a cake mix?
This question is obvious, but it is so true that we have less and less time to spend in the kitchen. Cake Mixes are a homemade or home-baked cake with far less time spent in the kitchen.
In addition to less time spent in the kitchen preparing a delicious dessert, cake mixes are a reliable friend. Cake mixes from scratch require some practice. Yes! I can tell you a story or two when I did not have just the right ingredient called for in a made from scratch dessert and the adverse outcome that followed. You have to have the right cake flour and room-temperature butter, for example. If you are using a cake mix, you do not have to worry about the ingredients.
This Easy Coconut Cake recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes using a cake-mix.
Cake Mix Desserts Are Quick & Easy
Cake mix desserts are easy to assemble, dumping all the ingredients together and mixing them up. You can even put your spin on cake mix desserts by adding can pie filling, or a handful of fresh fruit.
A Cake Mix Can Be Used To Make More Than Cakes
You can tweak a cake mix dessert by putting your spin on the recipe and quickly turn a cake mix cake into cupcakes, bars, cookies, waffles, pies, or even cheesecake.
- STUFFED PEPPERMINT COOKIES
- STUFFED RED VELVET COOKIES
- Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars
- Birthday Cake Popcorn Mix
When making a made from scratch cake, you have to worry about overbeating the mix. You do not have to worry about how long you mix a cake when using a cake mix. Cake mixes are magical in that way. I have under mixed and over combined, and they still bake up fabulous and look stunning.
Cake Mix And A Can Of Soda
Have you ever mix a cake mix with JUST soda. It comes out extremely light, fluffy, and terrific. Not to mention, low in fat and calories, especially if you are using a diet soda.
- All The Cakes You Can Make With Just A Box Of Cake Mix And A Bottle Of Soda
- WEIGHT WATCHERS (but NOT Weight Watchers) RECIPE: 2 POINT CUPCAKES!
Baking does not need to be a long drawn out to follow every detail in the recipe process. You can bake a great dessert quickly and easily using a cake mix. My pantry is full of cake mixes. I stock every flavor because I never know when the moment will hit for a delicious dessert. I am always ready to whip up a cake mix dessert like these fantastic Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes. They are not only easy to make but beautiful and tastes fabulous.
Poke Cakes Made From A Cake Mix
Some of my favorite desserts are poke cakes made with cake mix. They are incredibly moist from a layer of condensed milk or pudding and typically topped with a layer of non-dairy topping. Poke cakes are not only moist but super light and creamy. Not to mention how super simple they are to make.
- HOW TO MAKE EASY SCRUMPTIOUS BUTTERFINGER CAKE
- STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Boston Cream Poke Cake
If you love fabulous desserts using cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTS.
Easy Coconut Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to the package.
- Make 2 layers.
- When layers are baked and completely cooled, split halves horizontally with a knife.
- Combine sugar, sour cream, and coconut.
- Blend well
- Reserve 1 cup of sour cream mixture.
- Spread remainder between the layers of the cake.
- Mix the whipped topping with the reserved 1 cup sour cream and sugar mixture.
- Spread on top and sides of the cake.
- Seal cake in an airtight container.
- It is better to store the cake in the refrigerator.
- The longer it sits, the better. It is amazing a couple of days later.
Tips To Make This Cake In A 9 x 13 pan.
- After the cake comes out of the oven, allow it to slightly cool.
- It should be warm but not hot before adding the filling.
- The filling will slightly melt into the cake but not fully melt.
- Let the filling set up firm.
- You can do this by placing the cake in the refrigerator.
- Once it has cooled completely, add the frosting made with the whipped topping.
- The cake needs to be refrigerated.
- The whip topping frosting will melt in a warm room.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.