This is a fabulous but easy Pecan Pie Milkshake. It includes a whole piece of pecan pie in every shake.
Pie and ice cream are the perfect combination for a sweet tooth. Why not mix them together? This pecan pie milkshake is simple to make with only a couple of ingredients. The main ingredient is a piece of pecan pie. Leftover pecan pie from Thanksgiving or Christmas is perfect for this milkshake. We never have any leftover pie at my house. While shopping after Thanksgiving, I saw this pie reduced. It was a warm weekend which usually calls for a trip to the ice cream store, but I figured instead of going for ice cream I would make some milkshakes. I saw this pie and new it would be perfect in a milkshake especially during this holiday season.
HOLIDAYS AND PECAN PIE
I grew up picking up pecans. Pecan trees are all over the deep South. One of our family’s favorite ways to eat pecans growing up was in a pecan pie. It is a mandatory must have pie during the holidays in the South. No matter where we celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter the celebration includes pecan pies. The same is true with my husband’s family’s love of pecan pie. You can read the full story about my mother-in-law’s pecan pie here.
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PIE MILKSHAKE
Place the ice cream, milk and a large piece of pecan pie in a blender cover and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides if necessary. Pour into a large glass. Top the Pecan Pie Ice Cream with sweetened whipped cream, pecans, and chocolate syrup.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
The following items were used to make this recipe.
OTHER MILKSHAKES YOU WILL LOVE
- S’MORES MILKSHAKE
- BIRTHDAY CAKE MILKSHAKE
- M&M’S MILKSHAKE
- SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE MILKSHAKE
- PUMPKIN PIE GINGER SNAP MILKSHAKE
- Apple Pie Milkshakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Milkshakes
HOMEMADE WHIPPED TOPPING
The best way to make any dessert really special is to serve it with homemade ice cream or whipped topping. Because homemade ice cream requires time and you can make homemade whipping topping in minutes, I add whip topping to my desserts.
All you need is sugar, cream and a cold metal mixing bowl to make homemade whipped topping easily.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream and sugar until on high. Add in the vanilla.
- When you lift the beaters up, the whipped cream should stick to the beaters. Stop mixing at this point. If you keep mixing the whipped cream will turn into butter.
PECAN PIE MILKSHAKE
- 1 large piece pecan pie
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- whipped topping - 1/2 cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoon sugar
- chocolate syrup
- chopped pecans
- Place the ice cream, a large slice of pecan pie, and milk in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Fill a large glass with the milkshake.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream and sugar until it is thick and sticks to the beaters.
- Top the milkshake with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and additional chopped pecans.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.