These Easy Polynesian Burgers will have you grabbing your grass skirt and practicing your hula dance.
Ever since eating at Disney’s “Ohana at their Polynesian Resort last summer. My family loves Polynesian food. I sincerely wish there were Polynesian restaurants in Arkansas. We do not have any as far as I know. The food at ‘Ohana was some of the best food we have ever had, including the Pineapple Bread, the sweet pasta, shrimp, beef, pork dumplings, honey wings, and the delicious bread pudding. It was all so Wonderful!
I did some research to try to find some Polynesian recipes. I found these Polynesian Burgers on-line at Campbell’s Kitchen and had to make them. They looked easy, so I gave them a try. We were not disappointed. We enjoyed every bite of these great burgers. I noticed that Polynesian food has bell pepper typically in the recipe, so I added little-chopped bell pepper to these burgers. I love the bell pepper with the pineapple. Now every time we get a craving for Polynesian food, these burgers will help satisfy it. If you are looking for an easy recipe that is different and tastes GREAT, you will have to give this Polynesian Burger a try. Maybe the next time I make these burgers, I will grab my hula skirt and perhaps a video camera??
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 – 8 ounces can pineapple slices in juice, drain and save the juice
- One can Campbell’s Condensed French Onion Soup
- Two teaspoons packed brown sugar
- One tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- things I added to this recipe
- 1/2 of a bell pepper, chopped fine and sautéed
- Six slices of swiss cheese
- bbq sauce
- Chop the bell pepper fine and sauté it in a skillet until tender.
- Mix the ground beef and the sautéed bell pepper.
- Cook on a grill or skillet until well browned on both sides. (I prepared my burgers on an inside grill. I also grilled my pineapple)
- Stir together the soup, reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, and vinegar in a large skillet.
- Heat this soup mixture to a boil.
- Add the burgers
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Add a piece of swiss cheese to the burger and allow it to melt.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce to each hamburger bun.
- Serve the burgers and a slice of pineapple on each Hawaiian hamburger bun.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.