Are you here looking for an excellent rib recipe? I am going to show you how easy it is to make tasty ribs that indeed fall off the bone.
These Fall Off the Bone Ribs are perfect! This combination of cooking the ribs low and slow in the oven and then on the grill will make perfect Lip Smacking, Finger Licking, Fall off the Bone Ribs. How do I like my Ribs?
- I like my ribs tender enough to “Fall off the Bone” when you gently pull at the meat.
- I also like them seasoned extremely well with a dry rub.
- Add the barbecue sauce just before taking them off the grill. This will keep the barbecue sauce from burning.
I know I sound picky, but this makes an excellent rib. So, how do you get the ribs to fall apart and taste great without cooking them all day in a smoker? My husband has a large smoker which cooks everything delicious, but it can be a lot of trouble because it ‘s hard to clean.
FALL OFF THE BONE RIBS
When cooking any ribs, I like to season the ribs well with a barbecue rub and then cook them slowly in the oven for three and a half hours. The time will depend on the thickness of your ribs. These ribs were baby back ribs and pretty thin. Baby backs need at least three and half hours before they start pulling away from the bone.
Make sure the ribs pull away easily from the bone before removing them from the oven.
The time will depend on how meaty they are. I have had baby backs that took four and a half hours. So, plan ahead. Give them plenty of time in the oven to start pulling away from the bone before you take them out.
Cooking them low and slow in the oven will cook off a lot of the fat. So even a fatty rib like Country Ribs will be delicious. This low and slow method will produce “Fall of the Bone” meat, but you still need that smokey flavor and barbecue sauce.
After cooking the ribs in the oven, you have to toss them on the barbecue grill.
The grill will give the ribs that smokey flavor we all love. The ribs are done, so about 5 to 10 minutes on each side will work great.
Coat the meat well with barbecue sauce on both sides while they are smoking on the grill. This combination of cooking the ribs low and slow in the oven and then on the grill will make “Perfect Rib”s.
Barbecue Dry Rub
You have to have a good dry rub. This one is full of flavor. I use it on my pork butt (pulled pork) and my ribs. It is loaded with spices and excellent flavor.
Dry Rub Recipe – adapted from Bobby Flay’s Rib Dry Rub Recipe
IF YOU USE A THICKER RIB LIKE SPARE RIBS OR COUNTRY RIBS, COOK THEM LONGER ABOUT 4 – 1/2 HOURS. Make sure your ribs are pulling away from the bone before taking them out of the oven.
GET THESE RECIPES SENT TO YOUR EMAIL RIGHT NOW!
Best Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Soups
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- BBQ SAUCES
- BBQ TOOLS
- Elite Bakeware Extra Large Baking Pans with Nonstick Coating and Grip Handle, Pack of 2
Oven Safe, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack, 12 x 17 inches Fits Half Sheet Pan
Get Grilling! Enjoy Your Summer With These Delicious Recipes. 7 of our family favorite grilling recipes plus 17 of the best BBQ Side Dishes
“Fall of the Bone” Ribs
- 2 - large slabs of baby back ribs you can use other ribs
- One tablespoon cumin
- Add one tablespoon paprika
- One tablespoon granulated garlic
- And one tablespoon chili powder
- Two tablespoons brown sugar
- One tablespoon kosher salt
- One tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Add two teaspoon black pepper
- One bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Mix the rub ingredients together and rub down the ribs well on both sides.
- Place on a large baking pan that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Completely cover the ribs on the baking with foil.
- Bake 225 degrees for 3 - 1/2 hours to 4 - 1/2 hours depending on how much meat is on them.
- IF YOU USE SPARE RIBS OR COUNTRY RIBS, COOK THEM LONGER ABOUT 4 - 1/2 HOURS.
- Make sure your ribs are pulling away from the bone before taking them out of the oven.
- Remove from the oven and place on a hot grill.
- Cook the ribs 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the bbq sauce to the ribs will they are on the grill.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.