These Fabulous Apple Muffins with a crumb topping are not only delicious but will make your house smell amazing.
Fresh apples, allspice, and cinnamon make a moist, flavorful muffin. These Apple Muffins are perfect for celebrating this fall season with the abundance of fresh apples.
The smell of goodness coming from the oven.
These moist Apple Muffins are full of diced apples and fabulous spices. They kick my mornings off to an incredible start. A heavenly fragrant aroma fills your kitchen when baking these muffins. After smelling the goodness coming from the oven, I cannot wait to enjoy an apple muffin with a cup of hot coffee. Not only are the apple muffins so moist and flavorful, but the crumb topping is full of goodness too. The topping includes oats, brown sugar, butter, and spices that get crunchy when baked.
The Apple Barn Gatlinburg, TN
This recipe is adapted from The Apple Barn Cookbook. The apple barn is from one of our favorite restaurants in the Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. They use fresh apples from their orchard to make delicious apple everything, including their apple fritters that on the table before each meal.
Tips For Fabulous Apple Muffins:
- Add unsifted flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl and then mix it well by hand with a whisk.
- Make a well in your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Use a mini food processor or small kitchen chopper to chop up the apples and pecans.
- Always use an ice cream scoop to add the mix to the muffin or cupcake pans. Your cupcakes will be the same size and will bake evenly.
What Apple Do You Use for Muffins?
Granny Smith apples are tart, which helps to balance the sweetness of the muffin.
Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Tip: Use your hands to combine everything and then break it up with a fork.
Apple Muffins In A Hurry
- If you are in a hurry in the mornings, prepare the batter for these apple muffins the night before and refrigerate it. Always add the topping right before baking. I tried it this time, and it worked great.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running, but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
Easy Steps To Make Fantastic Fresh Apple Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups pecans chopped
- 4 cups apples peeled and finely chopped (original recipe called for 2 cups)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cups oats
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Beat together the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and pecans. I used a mini food processor for the apples.
- Use a regular size ice cream scoop and scoop into cupcake baking liners.
- For the Crumble: Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and soften butter.
- Add tablespoon on top of the muffins before baking.
- Bake the apple muffins for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Makes 24 muffins
- Use a large ice cream scoop to scoop batter into cupcake liners. The portions will be the same and bake evenly.
Other Apple Recipes You Will Enjoy
Fresh Apple Cake
Apple Dump Cake
Apple Turnovers – 2 Ingredients
Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese
Celebrate Fall with this fabulous Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese. It is the best sweet & salty combination, plus it is quick and easy to make. This excellent Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese includes peppered bacon, apples, cheddar cheese, bread, and sweet and spicy honey mustard.
Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Use a Spice Cake Mix to whip up these quick and easy Caramel Apple Cupcakes.
Fried Apples & Spiced Waffles
Southern Fried Apples are easy to make and so delicious. They are perfect as a side dish, over ice cream, cake, or over these spiced waffles using a cake mix. Cooking these Southern Fried Apples low and slow brings out the sweetness. These apples also include a secret ingredient, maple syrup.
Flaky Apple Pie Crumble
Amazing Apple Fritters
Ambrosia salad is sweet and good for you. This ambrosia is full of delicious fresh apples and oranges. The key to making ambrosia is fresh fruit. I am going to teach you easy steps to making ambrosia salad that I have been using since I was a little girl.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
You could easily make this slow cooker apple butter on your stove, but why bother when you could let your slow cooker do the work. You will need 4 pounds of apples, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice to make this fabulous apple butter.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.