These Fabulous Apple Muffins with a crumb topping are not only delicious but will make your house smell amazing.
Fresh apples, allspice, and cinnamon make a moist flavorful muffin. These Apple Muffins are perfect to celebrate this fall season with the abundance of fresh apples.
The smell of goodness coming from the oven.
These moist Apple Muffins are full of diced apples and fabulous spices. They kick my mornings off to an incredible start. A heavenly fragrant aroma fills your kitchen when baking these muffins. After smelling the goodness coming from the oven, I cannot wait to enjoy an apple muffin with a cup of hot coffee. Not only are the apple muffins so moist and flavorful, but the crumb topping is full of goodness too. The topping is made of oats, brown sugar, butter and spices which get crunchy when baked.
The Apple Barn Gatlinburg, TN
This recipe was adapted from The Apple Barn Cookbook’s Fresh Apple Pound Cake. It is from one of our favorite restaurants in the Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. The Apple Barn uses fresh apples from their orchard. They make delicious apple everything including their apple fritters that are served before each meal.
Tips For Fabulous Apple Muffins:
- Add unsifted flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl and then mix it well by hand with a whisk.
- Make a well in your dry ingredients before adding your wet ingredients and gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Use a mini food processor or small kitchen chopper to chop up the apples and pecans.
- Always use an ice cream scoop to add the mix to the muffin or cupcake pans. Your cupcakes will be the same size and will bake evenly.
- For the Crumble: Use your hands to combine everything and then break it up with a fork.
Apple Muffins In A Hurry
- If you are in a hurry in the mornings, prepare the batter for these apple muffins the night before and refrigerate it. Always, add the topping right before baking. I tried it this time, and it worked great.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to scoop batter into cupcake liners. The portions will be the same and bake even.
Easy Steps To Make Fantastic Fresh Apple Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups pecans chopped
- 4 cups apples peeled and finely chopped (original recipe called for 2 cups)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cups oats
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Beat together the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and pecans. I used a mini food processor for the apples.
- Use a regular size ice cream scoop and scoop into cupcake baking liners.
- For the Crumble: Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and soften butter.
- Add tablespoon on top of the muffins before baking.
- Bake the apple muffins for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Makes 24 muffins
If you are heading to Nashville, be sure to read these posts:
- How To Get A Home Cooked Meal In Nashville
- Loveless Cafe in Nashville Review
- The Best Hotel at The Gaylord Opryland Resort
Breakfast Recipes You Should Try
- OVEN FRIED BACON EASIEST WAY COOK BACON
- HOMEMADE SAUSAGE GRAVY
- CHOCOLATE GRAVY & BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST
- CREAMY CHEESY GRITS
- SPRITE BISCUITS SUPER LIGHT FLUFFY
- WHY LEARN TO MAKE SOUTHERN BISCUITS?
- SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
- SOUTHERN PEACHES FRITTERS
- AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS
- PERFECT PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.