Can you make a homemade pie crust? YES, You Can!
SECRET TO MAKING EXTREMELY FLAKY PIE CRUST
It is never easy to make things homemade but when you have the time it is so worth it. My challenge is for you to make this homemade pie crust. Your family will notice the difference. They will know that you took the time to create something extra special for them. You will be recreating precious memories of time spent with their mother or grandmother eating homemade pie. You will also be creating new memories for your children. Involve your family in the process; they will enjoy rolling out the dough. Take this challenge. You can make homemade pie crust!
This pie crust is incredibly flakey. Yes, a little vinegar is a secret!! The more vinegar the flakier the pie crust but you may want to start with a tablespoon of Vinegar. It can get too flakey to work with.Print
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- Two tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoons vinegar
- 6 TB ice water, prepare a cup of ice water and then take six tablespoons from the glass
- Cut the shortening into flour using a pastry cutter or a fork, add the sugar and the salt.
- Add the egg, vinegar, and ice water to the center of the flour mixture.
- Use your hands at this point and make the dough into a ball.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Makes two pie crusts.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.