Does a bowl of homemade Peach ice cream say “Summer is here” to you? You will not be able to resist this cold, smooth, creamy, sweet delicious, mouth-watering treat.
Growing up in South Alabama, the summers were always HOT. The heat was a great excuse to make some homemade ice cream. My dad loved homemade ice cream, and we would make this delicious treat often. We usually made either fresh peach or fresh strawberry ice cream. Fresh, juicy, sweet strawberries and peaches remind us of summer, but when you add them to homemade ice cream something magical happens. In other words, your taste buds come alive and help you make summertime memories that will last a lifetime.
Old Fashion Hand Crank Ice Cream Maker
Growing up, we did not have an electric ice cream maker. My dad had four children that all had to take turns turning the crank by hand on the Old Fashion Hand-Crank Ice Cream Maker. Maybe it was all our hard work that made the ice cream taste even better. We could not wait until it was finished, and we could eat the cold, smooth, creamy, mouth-watering treat.
Cuisinart Ice Cream
Today, I am somewhat sad to say that we do not have an Old Fashion Hand-Crank Ice Cream Maker for my children to experience the fruits of their labor. I have not seen an Old Fashion Hand-Crank Ice Cream maker in a very long time. The next time I do, I might just buy it.
Electric Ice Cream Maker
We have an electric ice cream maker. It is a Cuisinart ice cream maker that has a great feature. I like it because it does not require ice or rock salt. All that is required is to freeze the container that you put the ice cream in. The disadvantage of the one I have is that it is small and only holds 2 quarts of ice cream. This recipe that I use is for 4 to 6 quarts of ice cream. We need that much for our big family, especially if we have anyone else over to eat ice cream. I end up making the ice cream in two batches that work fine if I have time to prepare it ahead of time. No matter what ice cream machine you use, get it out and make some memories with your family by making and eating delicious homemade ice cream. After all, nothing says summer like homemade ice cream.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream-Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 quart half and half
- 4 cups fresh ripe peaches peeled and chopped (or strawberries) DIVIDED
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Whole milk as need to fill your ice cream maker. add 2 cups to make a gallon of ice cream
- Peel and chop 4 cups of peaches.
- Place two cups of peaches in the blender with 1 cup whole milk and 1/2 cup sugar. Blend well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream on high-speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add condensed milk and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spoon, stir in the half-and-half, peach puree, 2 cups chopped peaches, and the vanilla.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the 4 to 6 quart canister of the ice cream freezer.
- Add milk if necessary, to fill the canister to the freezer line.
- Freeze according to the ice cream maker instructions.
This homemade ice cream recipe is extremely creamy. I have had it for a while but did not know the source of it. I found a similar recipe for homemade strawberry ice cream in Taste of the South Magazine 2010. Substituting fresh peaches works great in this recipe. If you enjoy fresh peaches, check back soon or sign up for notifications of future posts I am writing about Peach Butter, and delicious .,
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.