Finger-Licking Good Crispy Fried Chicken Wings slathered in Honey Garlic Butter.
During Football season, chicken wings are the number one finger food served. This post will show you exactly how to make wings crispy and tasty so they will be a party hit.
Tips For Serving Fantastic Wings Everyone Will Love
How to get wings crispy?
- To get the wings crispy without a lot of coating, I season them well and then lightly dust them with flour and a little baking powder using a sifter.
- YES! Baking powder! It makes them more crunchy.
- After dusting them with flour, I let them rest for 15 minutes before frying.
- Resting the wings helps the season and flour to stick to the wings when added to the fryer.
- After draining the wings, I toss them in melted butter with garlic and honey while they are still hot.
3 ingredients for a quick and easy sauce
The combination of garlic, butter, with honey is a little bit of heaven. This recipe puts all three of these ingredients together. When you marry garlic, butter, and honey together, you will not be able to get enough of these wings.
Be a host overachiever with little effort and serve chicken wings with CRISPY BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS with a finger-licking garlic hot sauce.
This post contains affiliate links.
I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Fried Chicken Wings Honey Garlic Butter
- Place the chicken wings on a large baking sheet.
- Season them with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using a whisk, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Use a sifter and sift the flour and baking powder over the wings.
- Turn the wings over and season with salt, pepper garlic and then sift the flour over the wings.
- Allow the wings to rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- If you have room, place them in the refrigerator.
- After battering the wings, place the wings in the refrigerator and heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- Take the wings out of the refrigerator and into the fryer.
- Cook the chicken wings for 12 minutes. They will float to the top.
- Drain the wings on paper towels for a minute or two.
- In a very large bowl, that will hold the wings, mix the melted butter, garlic, and honey.
- While the wings are still hot, toss around in the honey mixture.
You should stop by and see my roundup post of all my Southern Fried Foods. ULTIMATE SOUTHERN FRIED FOOD RECIPES
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.