Coca-Cola cake is one of the moistest cakes you will ever eat
What is in this Southern Coca-Cola cake? Cake mix, cocoa powder, butter, Coca-Cola, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and marshmallows.
What is in this amazing fudge icing? Butter, cocoa powder, Coca-Cola, confectioners sugar and Southern pecans.
It is no secret that when I drink soda, it is a Coca-Cola. Being from the South and having lived in Georgia, I cannot remember ever having anything else but a coke. Southern cooks will often use a Coca Cola in baked beans, slow cooker pulled pork, roast beef and even over a ham but this Cake is my favorite way to cook with it. I have had it many times, and it is one of the moistest cakes with the best fudge icing. You will find this recipe in most any Southern cookbook, but I make mine a little different. Instead of making it entirely from scratch, I use a cake mix. That’s right! A white cake mix turns into the best cake ever.
Super Moist Cake
This COCA-COLA CAKE is moist, chocolaty, delicious with a thick layer of chocolate icing. I love it at room temperature, but my husband loves it cold. You will have to decide for yourself.
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS SOUTHERN FUDGY COCA-COLA CAKE
- One 18 ounce package of white cake mix
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- One stick butter melted (1/2 cup)
- One cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- FUDGE ICING:
- One stick butter
- 1/3 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a cooking spray
- Blend the cake mix, cocoa powder, melted butter, Coca-Cola, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides and continue mixing two minutes.
- Fold in the Marshmallows
- Pour the batter into the 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Smooth it out
- Bake the cake 40 minutes about until it when tested the center comes out clean and bounces back when lightly pressed.
- FUDGE ICING:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and Cola.
- Let the mixture come to a boil stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the confectioners' sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.