Coca-Cola cake is one of the moistest cakes you will ever eat not to mention the best fudge icing ever.
What is in this Coca-Cola cake? Cake mix, cocoa powder, butter, Coca-Cola, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and marshmallows.
What is in this amazing fudge icing? Butter, cocoa powder, Coca-Cola, confectioners sugar and Southern pecans.
It is no secret that when I drink soda, it is a Coca-Cola. Being from the South and having lived in Georgia, I cannot remember ever having anything else but a coke. Southern cooks will often use a Coca-Cola in baked beans, slow cooker pulled pork, roast beef and even over a ham but this Coca Cola Cake is my favorite way to cook with it. I have had it many times, and it is one of the moistest cakes with the best fudge icing. You will find this recipe in most any Southern cookbook, but I make mine a little different. Instead of making it entirely from scratch, I use a cake mix. That’s right! A white cake mix turns into the best cake ever.
Super Moist Cake
This COCA-COLA CAKE is moist, chocolaty, delicious with a thick layer of chocolate icing. I love it at room temperature, but my husband loves it cold. You will have to decide for yourself.
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS SOUTHERN FUDGY COCA-COLA CAKE
- One 18 ounce package of white cake mix
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- One stick butter melted (1/2 cup)
- One cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- FUDGE ICING:
- One stick butter
- 1/3 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a cooking spray
- Blend the cake mix, cocoa powder, melted butter, Coca-Cola, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides and continue mixing two minutes.
- Fold in the Marshmallows
- Pour the batter into the 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Smooth it out
- Bake the cake 40 minutes about until it when tested the center comes out clean and bounces back when lightly pressed.
- FUDGE ICING:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and Cola.
- Let the mixture come to a boil stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the confectioners' sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.