These no-bake cookies are so fudgy and delicious. They are full of oatmeal, chocolate and peanut butter which makes a perfect combination. They are super easy to make too and can be whipped up in ten minutes.
Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks
It is like Christmas for me every time a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook arrives for me to review. They are all full of recipes that you and I would prepare. Gooseberry Patch collects recipes from people all over the country. These recipes are all favorite family recipes that have been made many times. 101 Stovetop Suppers is Gooseberry’s latest cookbook. I grew up in the deep south. We did not eat dinner growing up. We ate Supper. I know if the cookbook title has “Supper” in it, this 101 Stovetop Supper cookbook is going to have great recipes.
Why do I like Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Cookbook Series? The Pictures!! They are large 5×7 beautiful mouth-watering pictures. You will find a large picture for every recipe in Gooseberry’s 101 cookbook series. You can see an example of this in my picture just behind the plate of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
Gooseberry 101 Stovetop Suppers has three Sections:
- Quick & Easy Recipes – We all need Quick & Easy Recipes now that school has started. Like: Meatball Soup, Vegetable Quesadillas, Stroganoff-Style Steak, Spicy Black Bean Chili, Pulled Chicken & Slaw, and many more Quick & Easy Recipes.
- Slowly Simmered – Includes great recipes like Corned Beef, Chicken & Dumplings, Beef Stew, Buttermilk Fried Chicken and more.
- Serving a Crowd – Just my family alone could be considered a group, but with football season coming up, we could use some Crowd-Pleasing Recipes. Like: Mac & Cheese, Tomato Soup, Creamy White Chili, Chicken Gumbo, Spaghetti & Meatballs, and many more great crowd-pleasing recipes.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Sloppy Cowboys, and Chocolate Hazelnut Skillet Bars
I always have a difficult time deciding which recipes to try. This time, I chose Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Sloppy Cowboys, and Chocolate Hazelnut Skillet Bars. I will be posting all of these recipes during my Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Stovetop Supper Cookbook Giveaway which will run between Monday, September 9, 2013, until Friday, September 20, 2013.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
My family truly enjoyed these No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. I have made a similar version before but without the peanut butter. My family inhales everything I make with peanut butter. I catch my oldest sons, who are 17, eating a large spoon of peanut butter all the time, so I decided to surprise them with these cookies. These Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies disappeared faster than I could scoop them out on the wax paper. They were not only delicious but quick and easy preparation. I used my teaspoon size ice cream scoop which worked perfectly for scooping these cookies. The No-Bake cookies were the perfect size to just pop in your mouth. My original recipe without the peanut butter calls these cookies “No Bake Cookies” which hints how quick they are to make. They would make a great after-school treat to surprise your kids.
Melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the sugar, milk, and cocoa. Stir well to dissolve everything. Watch it carefully, or the mixture will burn.
After the mixture comes to a boil, continue boiling for one minute. Next, remove it from the stove. After you remove it from the stove, add the vanilla, peanut butter, and the oats and blend well.
Scoop the cookies onto wax paper using a teaspoon. A teaspoon size ice cream scoop works well.
Gooseberry Cookbook & “NO BAKE” Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups QUICK COOKING Oats uncooked
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, milk, and cocoa.
- Stir until everything has dissolved.
- Bring this mixture to a boil. Cook 1 minute after it starts boiling.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and oats.
- Mix well!
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. (I use a teaspoon size ice cream scoop)
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Makes two dozen.
This contest for Gooseberry 101 Stovetop Suppers Cookbook is open to U.S. residents and will end on Friday, September 20, 2013. The winner will be notified by email. They will have 48 hours to reply.
Please note: Gooseberry Patch gave me a cookbook to review and one to giveaway. However, the opinions expressed are my own.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.