Reviewing this easy to make Sloppy Cowboy Sandwich in Gooseberry Patch 101 Stovetop Suppers.
I am giving away a copy of Gooseberry Patch’s Cookbook 101 Stovetop Suppers. I found the Sloppy Cowboy recipe in this cookbook. It reminded me of Sloppy Joes which my boys enjoy. This Gooseberry recipe had several different ingredients than my Sloppy Joes, so I decided to try it. Gooseberry’s Sloppy Cowboy includes oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, and a package of Italian salad dressing mix for the seasonings. These Sloppy Cowboys have an Italian flair which was a nice change from typical Sloppy Joes. This easy and quick meal would be perfect for a weekday, especially now that school has started. Enter below using Rafflecopter for your chance to win a copy of this cookbook.
Please note: Gooseberry Patch gave me a cookbook to review and one to giveaway. However the opinions expressed are my own.
Ingredients for the Sloppy Cowboys Recipe
Brown 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
Enter Below by Using Rafflecopter – If you have never used Rafflecopter, the easiest way to enter is to leave me a comment in my comment section. Next, click on Rafflecopter ‘JUST LEAVE A BLOG POST COMMENT” and hit done. It is that easy!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Gooseberry Cookbook – Sloppy Cowboys
- Sloppy Cowboys Ingredients
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- And 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Plus one-half teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- .7 ounces package Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- One teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Sandwich buns
- 6 to 8 slices provolone cheese slices to top Sloppy Cowboys
- Brown beef in a large skillet
- Drain beef
- Add all the seasonings including oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian Salad Dressing Mix.
- Add the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Serve on large buns.
- Top with a slice of provolone cheese.
This contest for Gooseberry 101 Stovetop Suppers Cookbook is open to U.S. residents and will end on Friday, September 20, 2013. The winner will be notified by email. They will have 48 hours to reply. Please note: Gooseberry Patch gave me a cookbook to review and one to giveaway. However, the opinions expressed are my own. I am a Southern Food & Travel blogger.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.