I am giving away a copy of Gooseberry Patch 303 Round the Clock Recipes cookbook. This cookbook is like having three cookbooks in one. Giveaway ends November 30, 2014.
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Soups, Salads & Sandwiches
- Cozy Casseroles
Gooseberry Patch gave me a cookbook to review and one to giveaway. However, the opinions expressed are my own.
Cherry Turnovers with Puff Pastry – This turnover only has two ingredients.
I have fallen in love with these turnovers. They are so simple to make I have made these turnovers often this month using several different pie fillings. These turnovers have two ingredients that are puff pastry and pie filling. This icing is simply powdered sugar and water. They are flakey and full of goodness. You will find yourself making them quickly for breakfast or dessert. Yes, dessert! If you top them with a little ice cream, they are the perfect dessert. YUM!Print
- 17 – 1/4 ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling, drained
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Two tablespoons water
- Separate puff pastry sheets and cut each into 4 square.
- Divide pie filling evenly among squares.
- Brush pastry edges with water and folds in half diagonally.
- Seal and Crimp edges with a fork.
- With a knife, make small slits in the tops of turnovers to vent.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Let cool slightly.
- Blend powdered sugar and water, drizzle over warm turnovers.
- Makes 8.
Texas Toads in the Hole
Toads in a Hole called for Texas Toast and then spread butter on it. I had trouble finding Texas Toast without butter and garlic already on it. I was looking in the freezer section of the store and not the fresh bread section. Do not worry about the garlic in the bread; it was surprisingly delicious. If you cannot find plain Texas toast, try the frozen kind in the freezer section of your grocery store. I like the holes of the toast being deeper than regular bread because I eat my eggs runny. Because the circle cutouts in the bread are deep, I did not have any trouble with my eggs breaking.
- Two tablespoons butter
- Four slices Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread butter on both sides of Texas toast.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut a circle out of the middle of each slice of toast.
- Place toast slices and toast rounds in a large skillet with the melted butter over medium heat.
- Break an egg into each whole.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until eggs reach the desired doneness.
YUM! This bacon is a sweet and salty treat. It would be perfect for a special occasion breakfast.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 pound bacon
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise.
- Dredge each slice in the brown sugar mixture.
- Twist bacon slices and place in an ungreased baking pan.
- I lined my baking sheet with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 to 20 until bacon is crispy and sugar is bubbly.
- Makes eight servings.
Breakfast Recipes You Should Try
- OVEN FRIED BACON EASIEST WAY COOK BACON
- HOMEMADE SAUSAGE GRAVY
- CHOCOLATE GRAVY & BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST
- CREAMY CHEESY GRITS
- SPRITE BISCUITS SUPER LIGHT FLUFFY
- WHY LEARN TO MAKE SOUTHERN BISCUITS?
- SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
- SOUTHERN PEACHES FRITTERS
- AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS
- PERFECT PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
- BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- CINNAMON APPLE CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- CINNAMON PULL APART ROLLS
- MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 3 INGREDIENTS FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE CREAMER
- SKILLET BANANA BREAD CARAMEL
- FRESH APPLE MUFFINS
- STUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS
- EASY ORANGE CRESCENT ROLLS
- ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES
- LEMON POPPY SEED SCONES
- ORANGE POPPY SEED SCONES
- HAM SAUSAGE CHEESE EGG CASSEROLE CRESCENT ROLLS
- HASH BROWNS AND HAM SLOW COOKER CHEESY CASSEROLE
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES – WAYSIDE RESTAURANT
- RICE & EGGS – MY DADDY’S DISH
- HASH BROWN EGG SKILLET BREAKFAST
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.