These Fresh Green Bean Bundles are the perfect sweet and salty combination side dish for your holiday table.
Have you ever wrapped your green beans in bacon? These Green Bean Bundles with green beans, bacon, brown sugar, and garlic are amazing!
Fresh Green Bean Bundles
Growing up we always had fresh green beans. I can remember sitting on the porch like Andy and Aunt Bee snapping beans. We lived close to several farmers. To fix our fresh green beans, we would saute bacon or a ham bone, add water or chicken broth, seasonings, a little sugar, and the green beans. The fresh green beans would cook low and slow until they just melted in your mouth.
After I got married, I ate my fresh green beans a little healthier by steaming them. I still liked to fix my green beans the way I grew up eating them on holidays until I tried these green bean bundles. These green bean bundles are now our family’s favorite holiday recipe. This recipe calls for fresh green beans, bacon, brown sugar, and a little seasoning.
Let’s remember to give God thanks in every situation this year. This is especially challenging during difficult times, but God wants us to acknowledge that He is in control. He wants us to trust Him and be thankful for every blessing He gives us.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 New International Version (NIV) Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Green Bean Bundles – adapted from Silver Dollar City’s Recipe Cookbook
Green Bean Bundles – YUM!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 12 slices thick bacon partially cooked
- Four tablespoons butter
- Three tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder salt, and pepper to taste
- Blanch green beans in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Cool, beans in a cold pan of water.
- Wrap 1 slice of partially cooked bacon around a bundle of 10 to 12 green beans. See my oven bacon recipe and cook the bacon in your oven for 15 minutes.
- Place in baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over beans.
- Sprinkle with 3 TB brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
- BEST BACON BROCCOLI SALAD
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD DRESSING
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- BEST DEVILED EGGS – “BACON AND EGGS”
- LAYERED LETTUCE SALAD
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.