Grilled peaches and pound cake is the ultimate summer dessert. This simple recipe is a must when grilling. It is the best quick & easy dessert hack.
When it is too hot to think straight and too hot to heat the oven, toss some burgers on the grill. Here are some of my favorite burger recipes. When you finish with the burgers, don’t forget dessert, grilled peaches, and pound cake.
Grilled Peaches And Pound Cake
You cannot beat this quick and easy but super delicious grilled peaches and pound cake. The pound cake is brushed with butter and grilled. Next, the peaches are grilled until softened with butter brown sugar and cinnamon.
You know I love a tasty dessert! This October will be three years in a row that I have competed in the World Food Championships in the dessert category. There is nothing better than topping your meal off with dessert. Well, that is what we do in the South. We end almost every meal with dessert. It can be homemade or even semi-homemade. Although I bake a lot from scratch, I still live a busy life and use doctor a cake mix often. This Grilled Peaches and Pound Cake is even easier than using a cake mix.
My Dessert Addiction
When I pass away, my headstone will probably read. Diane died doing what she loved doing. She was running two mixers, flour was all over her face, hair, clothes, counter, and floor. Plus, every bowl and baking dish in the entire kitchen was dirty. She loved sharing her baked goods. She always said, “watch the smile on others faces when someone hands them a dessert.” Now, “Bake a dessert and go make friends.” O.K. I am not dead yet, but I hope you get my point, I love to bake, share my treats, and make someone’s day.
When I do not have time to bake, making fabulous grilled pound cake and peaches are a perfect summer treat.
First Step: Grilled Pound Cake
Because this is a quick & easy recipe, use a store-bought pound cake. If you want a great pound cake recipe, you have to try the following pound cakes. They are all fabulous!
To begin making this Grilled Pound Cake and Peaches
- Slice the pound cake about an inch thick.
- Brush the pound cake with melted butter.
- Place the buttered side of the pound cake down on the grill.
- Grill three minutes or until grill marks are on the cake.
- Brush the top side of the cake with butter and flip the pound cake over.
- Grill an additional 3 to 4 minutes until pound cake has grill marks.
- Remove from the grill.
Secondly, Grilled Peaches
- While the pound cake is grilling, Cut each peach in half and remove the seed.
- Butter the flat side of each peach and place the flat side on a grill.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Butter the bottoms of the peach and flip the peach over on the grill.
- Sprinkle the top of the peaches generously with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Next, Grill for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until the peach is tender.
How to choose Peaches
Like any fruit, smell your peach. If the peach has a sweet peachy aroma, it will taste delicious, too. Give a little squeeze. Choose peaches that are just a little firm. You do not want a mushy over wipe peach with bruises. If they are too hard, you do not want to eat them either. The color of the peach does not matter as much, but green spots mean they are probably tart and not ripe.
How To Store Peaches
Place peaches on your counter to ripen if they are slightly hard. After that, place peaches in the refrigerator to extend their life. If they are getting too soft, slice the peaches and fry them in a saute pan with a little butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Serve the fried peaches over ice cream and pound cake.
Third Step: Plate the Grilled Pound Cake and Peaches
- Place a grilled peach on top of a slice of grilled pound cake.
- Next, add ice cream or homemade whipped topping. Making homemade whipped topping is quick & easy to do and fabulous. With an electric mixer, whip up one cup of heavy cream in a cold bowl and cold beaters. Add 1/4 cup sugar and whip until it sticks to the beaters when you raise them out of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the grilled peaches and pound cake with a little cinnamon.
- Top with Caramel Ice Cream Topping and enjoy! Quick & Easy homemade caramel sauce recipe.
Can you use a different fruit?
Sure, I would recommend fresh pineapple slices and follow the same recipe as for the peaches.
- 1 pound of Strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Slice the strawberries and add toss with the water and the sugar.
Consequently, you could also use a quick and easy fabulous berry compote.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- BBQ GRILLED CHICKEN
- FALL OFF THE BONE RIBS
- BLUEBERRY WATERMELON SALAD
- DESSERT BERRIES WHITE CHOCOLATE
- WATERMELON LEMONADE
- CAJUN POTATO SALAD SHRIMP
- MACARONI SALAD FOR SUMMER
- CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD – TUSCAN SALAD
- TOMATO BASIL CAPRESE
- LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE
- M&M’S MILKSHAKE
- S’MORES MILKSHAKE
GRILLED PEACHES AND POUND CAKE
- Slice the pound cake about an inch thick.Brush the pound cake with melted butter.Place the buttered side of the pound cake down on the grill.Grill three minutes or until grill marks are on the cake.Brush the top side of the cake with butter and flip the pound cake over.Grill an additional 3 to 4 minutes until pound cake has grill marks.Remove from the grill.While the pound cake is grilling, Cut each peach in half and remove the seed.Butter the flat side of each peach and place the flat side on a grill.Grill for 4 to 5 minutes.Butter the bottoms of the peach and flip the peach over on the grill.Sprinkle the top of the peaches generously with brown sugar and cinnamon.Grill for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until the peach is tender.
Place a grilled peach on top of a slice of grilled pound cake.Next, add ice cream or homemade whipped topping. Making homemade whipped topping is quick & easy to do and fabulous. With an electric mixer, whip up one cup of heavy cream in a cold bowl and cold beaters. Add 1/4 cup sugar and whip until it sticks to the beaters when you raise them out of the mixture.Sprinkle the grilled peaches and pound cake with a little cinnamon.Top with Caramel Ice Cream Topping and enjoy! Quick & Easy homemade caramel sauce recipe.