These Ham Cheese Muffins are much tastier than a plain ham cheese sandwich. Frozen yeast rolls make the muffins’ bottom like a butter pizza crust.
I am a hot sandwich kind of girl. My favorite sandwiches are cheesy gooey warm and crusty. I also love bread and all sorts of bread, especially yeast bread. You will find several bags of frozen yeast rolls in my freezer at any given time. Frozen yeast rolls taste like homemade yeast bread or pizza dough which is delicious. Some of my favorite easy recipes using frozen dinner rolls are these Ham Cheese Muffins and my Pizza Muffins.
I am sharing my Pizza Muffins recipe today over at Princess Pinky Girl Blog. The pizza muffins are easy to make and remind me of Pizza Hut’s buttery deep dish crust. Because they sit in individual muffin tins, the butter gets all over the edges, and the crust comes out buttery and crispy. If you have time, stop by Princess Pinky Girl. She is an amazing blogger with over 3.6 million Pinterest followers.
How did I make these Ham Cheese Muffins?
They are made similar to my pizza muffins. I merely added twelve frozen yeast rolls to a cupcake tin. They need to thaw out about thirty minutes. Next, just cut them into four equal parts. I cut them lengthwise and then across. Place them back into the muffin tins and allow them to rise three more hours. This recipe is super easy but does take time for the rolls to rise. After the rolls are double in size, about three hours, I brushed the rolls with butter and sprinkled them with garlic. I topped the muffins off with chopped ham and grated cheese. These Ham & Cheese Muffin’s crust is like the pizza muffins. They are both made in individual muffin tins that allow butter to get all over the edges. The crust comes out buttery, crispy, garlicky and delicious. They would be perfect for lunch, a snack, or even breakfast.
Ham & Cheese Muffins with Yeast Rolls
- 12 Frozen Yeast Rolls I used Rhodes
- Six tablespoons butter melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 24 tablespoons chopped ham two tablespoons per muffin
- 12 tablespoons shredded cheese one tablespoon per muffin
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray the muffin tins with a cooking spray.
- Add one frozen dinner roll to each muffin tin.
- After they begin to thaw, about 30 minutes, cut the dinner rolls into four equal parts. I cut them lengthwise and then across.
- Return to the muffin tins.
- Allow the rolls to double in size about three hours.
- Brush the melted butter equally on the twelve rolls.
- Sprinkle the 12 rolls with the 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic.
- Add two tablespoons of chopped ham on top of the garlic butter rolls.
- Add one tablespoon of cheese on top of the ham.
- Bake 375 degrees for about 22 minutes.
- Makes 12 cupcake size pizza muffins.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.