These Super Simple Scrumptious Herb Yeast Rolls are made using frozen yeast rolls. They are loaded with butter and herbs that smell and taste amazing.
To make these Herb Yeast Rolls, I simply placed frozen dinner rolls in a greased cast-iron skillet or baking dish. The dough will need to rise 3 to 5 hours, until double in size. After the dried herbs hydrated in melted butter, I brush the herb butter mixture on top of the rolls before baking. If you use a cast iron skillet, the bottom and sides of the rolls get a buttery crust like a deep dish pizza. My husband loves this part of the rolls, and I have to agree it is excellent.
I have a huge confession to make. I love bread just as much as I love any dessert. To me, there is nothing like homemade bread. When I cannot make bread from scratch, I like using frozen dinner rolls. Because they are yeast rolls, they taste like homemade. My blog is all about finding quick and easy ways to put dinner on the table. I hope you will conclude that these Herb Yeast Rolls using Frozen Dough are easy and faster than making homemade but taste like homemade. YUMMY!
Frozen Dinner Rolls
The rolls are so easy to prepare by using Rhodes frozen dinner rolls. Rhodes website has lots of great recipes. I combined a couple of recipes from their site to make these tasty rolls.
Rhodes did NOT compensate me in any way for this post. I truly love these dinner rolls and this recipe and want to share it with you.Print
- 10 to 13 Frozen Yeast Rolls, depending on your skillet size. I used a 10-inch skillet and a 9-inch skillet in these pictures.
- Six tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon basiL
- And, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Plus, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- a couple of pinches of coarse salt to sprinkle on top before baking
- Place the frozen rolls in a cast iron skillet or large baking dish and allow them to rise 3 to 5 hours.
- Mix all these ingredients together.
- Allow herbs to rehydrate 10 minutes
- Brush half of the butter and herb mixture on rolls.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven.
- Brush with the other half of the melted butter and herbs.
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.