Put dinner on the table fast! This tasty Italian Chicken Tortellini Pasta Salad is super easy to make using a bottle of Italian dressing.
What is in this Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe?
This Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad includes Chicken, Tortellini, garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, cucumbers, and Italian cheese.
Recipes For Our Daily Bread is all about helping you put dinner on the table with quick and easy recipes. This Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe comes together quickly using a bottle of Italian dressing.
First Step: Prepare the Chicken for this Tortellini Pasta Salad
Season the chicken with garlic and Italian herbs before baking it.
Easy Steps to Cooking Chicken Breasts
- The first step to cooking chicken breasts is to trim the fat. Place the chicken on a cutting board. Trim the fat and look for any bones that still in the chicken. The easiest way to trim chicken is by using a pair of kitchen shears.
- After you have finished trimming the chicken breasts, dry them with a disposable paper towel.
- Season the chicken well with granulated garlic and Italian seasonings.
- Use your meat thermometer. Check the thickest part of the breasts with the meat thermometer. When the temperature reaches 160 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is ready. A large chicken breast will take longer.
After cooking the chicken, chop it into bite-size portions.
Can you use leftover chicken?
Second Step: Tortellini
Pasta is the main ingredient; therefore, you want to make sure it is cooked right. You do not want to overcook your pasta, or it will end up mushy. It will also end up mush if you put the pasta in the water before it starts boiling. Start timing your pasta after adding it to boiling water.
How to Cook Tortellini
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Salt it well—at least one tablespoon of salt per pound of pasta.
- Cook until it floats. Stir the pasta occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Rinsing the pasta is a crucial step when making cold pasta.
To Salt or Not To Salt
When eating cold pasta, it is essential to make sure it is well-seasoned when it is cooking. So YES! Season your pasta water when cooking pasta. A warm dish that tastes seasoned can tastes bland when it is cold. You need to add extra salt to the water. Before you add any dressing, try your pasta. Next, adjust the seasoning, especially the salt, before adding extra to the dressing.
Cooking with Frozen Tortellini
Frozen tortellini is used to make this Tortellini Pasta Salad. Frozen tortellini can last a couple of months in the freezer.
Cooking with Dried Tortellini
Dried Tortellini takes longer to cook than refrigerated or frozen tortellini, but it will also float to the top of the water when it is ready. The advantage of dried tortellini is you can always have it available. It lasts up to a year or more in your pantry.
How do you know if tortellini is ready?
Tortellini and other stuffed pasta are easy to tell if they are done because they will puff up and float to the top of the water when they are ready. If you keep an eye on them, you do not need to set a timer.
Cool Your Pasta or Not Before Adding the Dressing
Not! Add about half of your salad dressing to the warm pasta and toss it. The pasta will absorb, and the dressing a lot easier, which means your pasta salad will be well seasoned.
Third Step: Vegetables
While your chicken and pasta are cooking, wash and cut your cherry tomatoes in half. Slice your cucumber and cut each slice into fourths.
Fourth Step: Toss your Tortellini Pasta Salad Chicken
Next, toss the chicken and Tortellini with cherry tomatoes, Italian cheeses, cucumber, and a cup of Olive Garden Salad Dressing. Next, toss the pasta with Parmesan cheese.
4:4:1 Rule When Creating Your Pasta Salads
- 4 cups cooked pasta (8 ounces dry pasta will make 4 cups of cooked pasta)
- Four cups add-ins, veggies, bacon, peppers, cheese, etc.
- 1 cup of dressing
If you make the pasta salad the day before, you may need to add a little more dressing. The pasta may soak up the dressing.
Olive Garden Salad Dressing
What makes this pasta salad quick and easy is Olive Garden Salad Dressing. It is one of our family’s favorite dressings. You can easily find this dressing at Wal-Mart or at least at my Wal-Mart. Olive Garden Salad Dressing makes this pasta a very creamy tortellini pasta salad. It may be semi-homemade pasta salad using a bottled dressing, but it is indeed Simple and excellent.
Chicken Tortellini Pasta Salad
Another great benefit of this Tortellini Pasta Salad is you can prepare it ahead of time. I always have a pasta salad in the refrigerator to eat before, during, or after baseball games. You never know what time we will eat, but we always have something delicious waiting for us.
Tortellini Pasta Salad with Spinach
If you do not like tomatoes or cucumbers or you want to change this salad up, try using spinach. It is a great choice. The spinach goes well with the Creamy Italian Dressing.
Tortellini Pasta Salad with Peas
Peas would also work in this Tortellini Pasta Salad. If you are fixing this pasta salad for kids, they might be more likely to eat it if you replace the cucumber and tomato or spinach for peas. Although the dressing is so creamy and delicious that your kids might eat any vegetables in this salad.
Other Easy Recipes Made with Tortellini
Nordic Ware 4 Piece Prep & Serve Bowl Set, BPA-free and Melamine Free Plastic, 5 Year Warranty,2qt., 3.5 qt., 5qt, 7qt. bowls
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 3 chicken breast cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Garlic per chicken breast to sprinkle on before baking
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning per chicken breast to sprinkle on before baking
- 20- ounce Tortellini Buitoni Tortellini stuffed with Spinach & Ricotta
- 1 cucumber chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup Italian dressing Olive Garden Creamy Italian
- 1 cup Italian cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to top the pasta salad
- Season the chicken well with the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Chop the cucumber and the tomato into bite-size pieces. (I used a handful of cherry tomatoes sliced in half).
- Add all the ingredients including the Italian dressing and the shredded cheese
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese
Other Recipes You Should Try Soon!
These Delicious Easy Pasta Recipes Are The Answer To The Question “What’s For Dinner?” The following pasta recipes are easy enough for any weekday meal.
This recipe also using a bottle of flavorful Olive Garden Italian Dressing.
The dressing is a simple combination of barbeque sauce and Ranch dressing.
Make this fabulous pasta using your a
Use your garden-fresh vegetables to make this delicious pasta salad.
It also includes