The perfect cream cheese frosting for an Italian Cream Cake, Carrot Cake, cupcakes, and more.
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cold
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar, sifted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Using an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- 2 cups chopped pecans, depending on if you want to decorate the sides of the cake with pecans. If decorating the sides of the cake with pecans, you can leave the pecans out of the frosting.
- Add more Confectioners sugar if you are going to pipe with this frosting.