This Italian Pasta Bake was made using a cast iron dutch oven. If you do not have a cast iron dutch oven, you can prepare it on the stove.
Italian Pasta Bake
I used my Cast Iron Dutch Oven to make this Italian Pasta Bake so that I could brown my ground beef, add my uncooked pasta and other ingredients all in the same pot. I then made garlic cheese drop biscuits and added them to the top of the Pasta before baking it in the oven. Everything is mixed and baked in my large Dutch Oven. I love taking our favorite family recipes and making them easier to prepare. After preparing my homemade spaghetti sauce, I decided to cook the pasta in the sauce. Next, I added delicious garlic drop cheese biscuits on top of the pasta like I do when preparing my Dutch Oven Pot Pie. This Italian Pasta Bake turned out so delicious. The cleanup was much easier than having to clean separate pans for the pasta and biscuits. If you need a recipe to feed a large family that is easy and delicious, try this Italian Pasta Bake or my Dutch Oven Pot Pie. Both recipes are topped with Garlic Cheese Biscuits and are delicious.
Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits
When baking this Italian Pasta Bake with Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits, the house fills with the amazing smell of garlic butter. I never have to call anyone to the table. My family is always waiting on this Italian Pasta Bake to come out of the oven. Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits are perfect for soaking up every bit of the sauce left on your plate. At least, that is what we do in the south. These biscuits are moist, tender, full of cheese on the inside, and have a crunchy outside even after baking them on top of this Italian Bake or my Pot Pie. The garlic butter topping I add after they come out of the oven makes them even tastier. They remind me of the delicious garlic biscuits at Red Lobster.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUP
- SKILLET CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA
- ITALIAN ZUCCHINI BOATS KETO
- SEMI-HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI MEATBALLS
- ITALIAN CHEESY MACARONI PASTA
- ITALIAN PASTA BAKE DROP BISCUITS
- SLOW COOKER ITALIAN SAUSAGE GREEN BEANS POTATOES
- PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
Italian Pasta Bake
- Dutch Oven
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef browned and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 TB minced garlic clove
- One 6 ounce cans tomato paste
- 2-1/2 cups water
- Two teaspoons Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza Pasta Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Two 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 12 – ounce pack pasta – I used spiral.
- DROP BISCUIT RECIPE:
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 – 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Two tablespoons real mayonnaise
- One tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a large cast iron dutch oven, brown the ground beef.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Layer all the seasonings including Pizza Pasta seasoning, salt, oregano,
- Next, the tomato sauce, tomato pasta
- Add the DRY pasta.
- Simmer until thick pasta is done and sauce is thick.
- MAKE THE DROP BISCUITS.
- /four teaspoon garlic powder
- stick butter, melted
- Mix everything together.
- Using an Ice cream scoop, place the Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits on top of the pasta. This recipe will make 18 biscuits.
- Bake 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Pasta/Biscuits from the oven and brush the biscuits with melted butter mixed with the garlic over each biscuit while they are warm.
- I use . I purchase it at Kroger. It is great in all Italian foods including pizza.
- Allow most of the liquid to cook out of the pasta before adding the drop biscuits.
- A four-quart baking dish holds a little more than a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.