This post gives you several ways to prepare Italian Spaghetti Meatballs semi-homemade that all get great flavorful results. You will learn how to make homemade spaghetti sauce, how to add more flavor to a quick and easy jar of spaghetti sauce, how to make homemade meatballs, and how to add flavor to your store-bought frozen meatballs. You can mix and match these recipes for quick and easy Italian Spaghetti Meatballs.
Busy moms, If your family loves Italian food, this Semi-Homemade Italian Spaghetti Meatballs should be in your meal plans often. Italian Spaghetti Meatballs is a classic, and you will get rave reviews every time you make it any combination of the following recipes.
SAUCE or GRAVY For Italian Spaghetti Meatballs.
Usually, it is the sauce, or some people refer to it as gravy, that people taste first when eating spaghetti meatballs. So I prefer to make the sauce from scratch. Do not let the word scratch scare you because you are dumping the ingredients into a slow cooker, skillet, or dutch oven and stirring it up. The sauce is the easiest part of Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs.
I have made Spaghetti Meatballs often using a spaghetti sauce from the jar. I doctor the jar of plain spaghetti sauce up with a few extra ingredients. You can see both recipes for Plain Spaghetti Sauce doctored up from a jar and Homemade Spaghetti Sauce below.
When do you combine your spaghetti sauce and your pasta?
Your pasta should be tossed with your sauce just before serving it. Before you put your pasta in the sauce, drain it well. Make sure the sauce is hot. Once your pasta is drained and your sauce is hot, combine them just before serving the Spaghetti. If you combine them to early, your pasta may absorb the liquid and become too mushy.
Do you rinse your pasta?
Drain your pasta but do not rinse it. The starch left on the pasta will help thicken your spaghetti sauce.
Do you break your spaghetti pasta before cooking it?
No, Spaghetti is meant to be twirled around your fork. If you break it, you will not be able to twist it. The Spaghetti will be challenging to keep on the fork.
Do you add salt to your pasta water?
Yes, it is essential to add flavor to your pasta right away. To one pound of pasta, add one tablespoon of salt.
Homemade Meatballs For Italian Spaghetti Meatballs.
Below is a delicious recipe for homemade meatballs. When making them homemade, use a combination of Italian sausage and ground beef. As a result, the sausage and beef make a very flavorful meatball. If I take the time to make meatballs from scratch, make enough to freeze for another Italian meal with meatballs. Meatballs freeze well in Ziplock freezer bags. Brown meatballs before freezing.
Homemade Meatball Tips
First Step: Ground Beef
Use a combination of ground beef and ground sausage for flavor. Add Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, bread crumbs, and eggs. Gently combine everything using your hands.
Second Step: Ice Cream Scoop
To make your meatballs the same size for consistent cooking, u
Third Step: Cook the Meatballs
Doctoring Up Frozen Meatballs
If I am in a hurry and do not have any homemade meatballs, I grab the bag of frozen meatballs from my freezer. To give them extra flavor, after thawing the meatballs, brown them in a skillet. Use a large skillet or dutch oven with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Before frying the frozen meatballs, sprinkle them generously with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning—Brown in oil on all sides to add lots of flavors. Next, add them to homemade Spaghetti Sauce. For another option, you can bake them in the oven before tossing into the Spaghetti sauce.
Meatballs sauteed in a large skillet?
Typically, I use a large skillet and browned frozen meatballs with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Next, I add the meatballs to the spaghetti Sauce. Cook the pasta in a separate pot per package directions. Next, toss your pasta into the hot sauce just before serving your Spaghetti.
Can you bake meatballs in the oven?
Browning meatballs in the oven is faster and easier, especially if you are baking a large quantity. Bake them on a rack place in a large baking pan so that they will bake evenly.
Doctor Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- Mix everything together and heat in a slow cooker for at least 3 hours on low or on medium-high heat on the stove for 30 minutes.
Delicious Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low at least 3 hours OR cook on stove top on medium for 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Two tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- One teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Two eggs lightly beaten
- Mix the ground beef, ground sausage, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- Use an ice cream scoop and place the meatballs on a large baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- OR Use a large skillet or dutch oven and brown the meatballs on all side in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil.
How to prepare frozen Meatballs
- 32 ounces frozen meatballs
- Use a large skillet or dutch oven with a few tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Before frying the frozen meatballs, sprinkle them well with salt pepper and Italian seasoning. Brown in oil on all side to add lots of flavors.
Other Italian Recipes You May Enjoy
- SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUP
- SKILLET CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA
- ITALIAN ZUCCHINI BOATS KETO
- ITALIAN CHEESY MACARONI PASTA
- ITALIAN PASTA BAKE DROP BISCUITS
- SLOW COOKER ITALIAN SAUSAGE GREEN BEANS POTATOES
- PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.