Busy moms, If your family loves Italian food, this Semi-Homemade Italian Spaghetti Meatballs should be in your meal plans often.
Italian Spaghetti Meatballs is a classic and gets rave reviews everything I make it. I am going to give you several ways to prepare Spaghetti Meatballs semi-homemade that all get great flavorful results.
This post includes a homemade recipe for both Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs. Even more importantly for busy moms, it includes delicious ways to doctor up frozen meatballs and jar Spaghetti Sauce. SEE All Four Recipes Below.
Mix and Match the recipes below for a quick and easy Spaghetti and Meatball Dinner. Continue reading for tips on doctoring up a Jar of Spaghetti Sauce and frozen Meatballs.
SAUCE or GRAVY For Italian Spaghetti Meatballs.
Usually, it is the sauce, or some people refer to it as gravy that people taste first when eating spaghetti meatballs. So I prefer to make the sauce from scratch. Do not let the word scratch scare you because you are dumping the ingredients into a slow cooker, skillet or dutch oven and stirring it up. The sauce is the easiest part of Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs.
I have made Spaghetti Meatballs often using a spaghetti sauce from the jar. I simply doctor the jar of plain spaghetti sauce up with a few extra ingredients. You can see both recipes for Plain Spaghetti Sauce doctored up from a jar and Homemade Spaghetti Sauce below.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUP
- SKILLET CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA
- ITALIAN ZUCCHINI BOATS KETO
- SEMI-HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI MEATBALLS
- ITALIAN CHEESY MACARONI PASTA
- ITALIAN PASTA BAKE DROP BISCUITS
- SLOW COOKER ITALIAN SAUSAGE GREEN BEANS POTATOES
- PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
DOCTOR UP CAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- Mix everything together and heat in a slow cooker for at least 3 hours on low or on medium-high heat on the stove for 30 minutes.
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low at least 3 hours OR cook on stove top on medium for 30 min.
Homemade Meatballs For Italian Spaghetti Meatballs.
I have a delicious recipe for homemade meatballs. When making them homemade, I use a combination of Italian sausage and ground beef. As a result, the sausage and beef make a very flavorful meatball. If I take the time to make meatballs from scratch, I make enough to freeze for another Italian meal with meatballs. Meatballs freeze well in Ziplock freezer bags. Brown meatballs before freezing.
- 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Two tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- One teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Two eggs lightly beaten
- Mix the ground beef, ground sausage, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- Use an ice cream scoop and place the meatballs on a large baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- OR Use a large skillet or dutch oven and brown the meatballs on all side in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Doctoring Up Frozen Meatballs
If I am in a hurry and do not have any homemade meatballs, I grab the bag of frozen meatballs from my freezer. To give them extra flavor, after thawing the meatballs brown them in a skillet. Use a large skillet or dutch oven with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Before frying the frozen meatballs, sprinkle them well with salt pepper and Italian seasoning. Brown in oil on all side to add lots of flavors. Next, add them to homemade Spaghetti Sauce. For another option, you can bake them in the oven before tossing into the Spaghetti sauce.
For this post, I use a large skillet and browned frozen meatballs. Next, I added the homemade Spaghetti Sauce recipe above. The Spaghetti pasta was cooked in a separate pot per package directions.
BEST SEMI-HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS
- 32 ounces frozen meatballs
- Use a large skillet or dutch oven with a few tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Before frying the frozen meatballs, sprinkle them well with salt pepper and Italian seasoning. Brown in oil on all side to add lots of flavors.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.