You have got to try this Delicious Gooey Mega M & M Skillet Cookie. Why do I love skillet cookies? Everything is made and baked in one skillet.
Skillet cookies are super easy to make because everything is mixed and baked in the same skillet. It is an actual “one skillet” recipe. If I want to make a special dessert, everyone will love; I typically make a skillet cookie. I love chocolate chip cookies and bake them often with my special needs son Caleb.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
When baking chocolate chip cookies, I double my recipe. The secret to always having fresh cookies fast, scoop the dough out on a baking sheet and freeze it. After the cookie dough is frozen, I put them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer. I normally have fresh baked cookies to take to baseball games and other kid activities ready in no time.
The cookies instantly put smiles on everyone’s faces.
This Jumbo M & M skillet cookie will also put a big smile on everyone’s face. It has the same taste and texture as a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie but makes a terrific special dessert presentation. It is so much easier to prepare than cookies. You will be baking it often to impress your family and guest.
For This Skillet Cookie, Use An Oven Safe Skillet
To make this Mega M & M Skillet Cookie, I used a cast iron skillet, but any ovenproof skillet will work. I love my cast iron skillet, especially when fixing cornbread, biscuits, yeast rolls, cobblers, and easy to prepare skillet cakes and cookies. To begin making this Mega M & M Skillet Cookie, you melt the butter and sugar on the stove. Next, stir in all the other ingredients and bake. Serve and garnish this Mega M & M Skillet Cookie while it is still warm with butterscotch, chocolate, or caramel sauce and a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream. It is true that simple and turns out over the top amazing each time. Be careful, it is so easy it will be addicting.
You May Enjoy These Skillet Cookie Recipes Too
To make this Mega M & M cookie, I used new Mega M & M’s.
Because they are enormous, they have a larger crunchier coating. The crunch from the coating and the gooey chocolate is excellent in this Mega M & M Skillet Cookie.
Jumbo M & M Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup 2 sticks real unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Two large eggs
- Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- 1 Eleven-ounce bag Mega M & M's see photo
- In a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm. This will keep the eggs from scrambling.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- Stir in the Mega M & M's.
- Press the batter down into the skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.