Don’t give up on your Keto diet? Recreate your favorite foods and make them Keto friendly. These Keto BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats Were inspired by me craving my BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA.
Ingredients in this Keto BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats include zucchini, chicken breast, bbq sauce, onion, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
My Love For Pizza
It is no secret around my house that I love pizza but not store-bought pizza or delivery pizza as much as making a homemade pizza. The following recipes are a few samples of the pizza recipes I have made and wrote about on my blog. You can whip up a delicious pizza in no time which makes them an easy weekday meal.
- MEATY PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PIZZA
- PEPPERONI PIZZA PASTA
- SKILLET CHICKEN PESTO PIZZ
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- SAUSAGE PEPPERONI PIZZA SLIDERS
- PIZZA MUFFINS FROZEN DINNER
- SLOW COOKER PIZZA SOUP
- DEEP DISH BBQ CHICKEN SKILLET PIZZA
Keto Friendly BBQ Chicken Pizza
Pizza is not exactly Keto diet friendly. It is loaded in carbs especially if you eat a thick crust pizza. To make my favorite BBQ Chicken Pizza Keto friendly, I substituted the pizza dough for zucchini and the bbq for a low carb bbq sauce.
Keto Friendly BBQ Sauce
For me to stick to a low carb diet, I had to find a low carb BBQ sauce. I tried several sauces and finally found one that my family could not even tell it was low carb. If you are a bbq sauce fan, you have to try G. Hughes SmokeHouse SUGAR-FREE BBQ Sauce. It has one carb in a tablespoon, but you only need a small amount to add some flavor. In this low carb Keto BBQ Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats, you need one cup of BBQ sauce. There are 16 tablespoons in a cup. This recipe serves six servings. If you divide six into 16, you get 2.6 carbs per serving for the bbq sauce. In other words, if you check carbs in bbq sauces, it will be hard to beat G. Hughes BBQ Sauce. It will be challenging to beat its taste.
Results From Keto Diet
My husband has lost over 70 pounds. However, I found out this weekend that my nephew, Daniel, has also lost over 70 pounds too on a Keto diet. I am so very proud of both of them. I have not done as well but I am still trying, and I do not plan on quitting until all the weight is off.
Most Importantly, Secret to Staying On A Keto Diet
Find Keto recipes your entire family will enjoy. Here are a few of my favorites.
- KETO PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
- KETO BBQ CHEESEBURGER ZUCCHINI
- ITALIAN ZUCCHINI BOATS KETO
- GRILLED ROSEMARY PORK CHOPS
- KETO CHICKEN BACON RANCH
- SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN BREAST KETO
- SLOW COOKER PORK TACOS KETO
- BLACKENED SALMON SALAD KETO
- LETTUCE TACO WRAPS KETO
- BEST SALMON KETO RECIPE
- ZUCCHINI PASTA
- SHRIMP SCAMPI ZUCCHINI
- SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN
- LIGHTEN UP HOMEMADE PIZZAS
Keto Chicken Taquitos
As I mentioned above, I saw my nephew, Daniel, this past weekend. We discussed Keto recipes. Since Daniel has been on a Keto diet, he has been cooking and experimenting with new recipes. He has lost over 70 pounds doing this. He not only told me about his Keto Chicken Taquitos but he made them for me to try. They were fabulous and flavorful.
Daniel is so good with my special needs son, Caleb. Since Caleb looks up to him and loves to cook, Daniel invited Caleb to join him in the kitchen to share his secrets while baking Taquitos. Caleb loved every minute of his time with Daniel in the kitchen. I am so proud of Daniel. He works extremely hard at a full-time job plus goes to college full time, and he still made time for Caleb. He is a special young man with a wonderful heart for Gold.
Instructions For Keto Chicken Taquitos
Firstly, Daniel starts the Taquitos by baking cheddar cheese in circles on a sheet pan until melted and crispy around the edges. Secondly, He removes the cheese from the oven. Next, before the cheese cools, he added chicken and his secret seasonings. I think it had some chili powder and cayenne pepper in them. You could use taco or Fajita seasoning too. The final step is to roll the cheese and chicken up into Taquitos before the cheese cools. Once cool, the taquitos were crunchy on the outside and extremely tasty. They would make a fabulous Keto snack or lunch anytime.
My son, Caleb, is in the red shirt. He was so excited to help his cousin cook.
Now on To my Keto Gooey BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats
First Step: Bacon
Cook the bacon in the oven. See my oven fried bacon recipe. After it cools,
crumble the bacon.
Second Step: Chicken, Onion, BBQ
Chop the raw chicken breast into small pieces. In a medium hot skillet, season the diced chicken breast and cook until done, 170 degrees F. Next, add the chopped onion, low carb bbq sauce, and crumbled bacon.
Third Step: Prepare the Zucchini
Wash and cut the ends off the Zucchini. Slice the Zucchini in half horizontally and scoop out the center and seeds with a small spoon. You should have six zucchini halves. Add the Zucchini to the baking dish that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
Fourth Step: Stuff The Zucchini
After adding the Zucchini to the baking dishes, fill each one with the BBQ Chicken filling. Top each zucchini with cheese.
Lastly, Bake The BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats
Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. This will depend on how thick your zucchini are. Remove the foil and check for a tender zucchini after 30 minutes.
BBQ CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BOATS
- 3 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granulated
- 1 cup bbq sauce low carb, G. Hughes SmokeHouse SUGAR-FREE BBQ Sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion
- Cook the bacon and crumble the bacon. See my oven fried bacon recipe.Chop the raw chicken breast into small pieces. In a medium hot skillet, season the diced chicken breast and cook until done, 170 degrees F. Next, add the chopped onion, low carb bbq sauce, and crumbled bacon. Wash and cut the ends off the Zucchini.Slice the Zucchini in half horizontally and scoop out the center and seeds with a small spoon. You should have six zucchini halves. Add the Zucchini to the baking dish that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.After adding the Zucchini to the baking dishes, fill each one with the BBQ Chicken filling.Top the filling on each zucchini with cheese.Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. This will depend on how thick your zucchini are. Remove the foil and check for a tender zucchini after 30 minutes.