Leftover candy brownie sundae is an easy Delicious Dessert using a Brownie mix and extra Candy.
Any extra candy bars or any combination of leftover chocolate candy will work in this awesome brownie sundae. I chopped up Reeses, Hershey bars, Twix, Butterfingers, Snickers, M & M’s, and Rolo’s.
My Dream Dessert!
My dream dessert is a rich warm brownie topped with ice cream, homemade whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and pecans. This time, I made my favorite dessert using leftover candy in the brownie batter.
Leftover Candy Bars
Making a Brownie Sunday is a great way to use up extra candy we normally have around the house after a holiday. To make this brownie, I simply chopped a cup of chocolate bars and added them to my favorite brownie mix, Ghirardelli.
Add Chocolate Sauce
To make a chocolate sauce, I even used a large leftover Hershey bar and melted it down for a delicious sauce. I melted the Hershey bar in the microwave. After melting the Hershey bar for a few seconds in the microwave, I stirred it until the chocolate was very smooth.
Load It Up With Your Favorite Toppings
Next, I added this chocolate topping to a warm slice of brownie filled with candy. I topped it with ice cream, homemade whipped cream, and pecans. Try adding some sprinkles or additional chopped candy bars.
make homemade brownies
If you want to make your brownies from scratch, you will love these amazing fudgy homemade brownies. They are rich, chewy, crunchy, and really delicious.
Homemade Whipped Topping for Brownie Sundae
Every dessert is special with homemade whipped cream. Whipped cream is simple to make by beating a cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup of sugar until stiff peaks form.
Best Leftover Candy Bar Skillet Cookie
For another great idea for using up extra candy, try my candy bar skillet cookie. If you love chocolate chip cookies, you will be crazy about this easy Leftover Candy Skillet Cookie. Everything is made and baked in the same skillet. It is another simple, delicious dessert recipe.
Leftover Candy? Candy Bar Brownie Sunday
- 1 – 18- ounce box Brownie Mix Ghirardelli
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped candy bars
- ice cream
- whipped cream 1 cup heavy cream whipped with 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate sauce melt extra chocolate candy bars for the sauce
- pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Mix together the brownie mix, water, vegetable oil and the egg.
- Stir in 1 cup chopped chocolate candy.
- Place in an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Cool and serve with ice cream, home whipped cream, chocolate sauce.
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- Melt additional chocolate candies in the microwave. Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time. Stir between each time until chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- Using an electric mixer, mix together 1 cup heavy cream with 1/4 cup sugar until it turns into whipped cream.
- Do Not over mix. or it will turn into butter.
- Whip up one cup heavy cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Do not over whip. It will turn to sweet butter.
- Add your favorite chopped nuts, and sprinkles.
- If you still have extra candy, chop some up to go over the top of your Brownie Sundae.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.