Why do I love this Smores Skillet Cookie? It is not only a fantastic dessert, but it is prepared and baked in the same skillet.
This Smores Skillet Cookie is an actual “one skillet” recipe. If you want to make an easy special dessert, everyone will love; you have to make a skillet cookie.
At the bottom of this page, you will find links to many other skillet cookies recipes.
Ooey Gooey Smores Skillet Cookie
You won’t be able to resist this ooey gooey Smores Skillet Cookie! It is loaded with graham crackers, melty chocolate, and marshmallows too.
You can make your Smores indoors with this Smores Skillet Cookie.
To make this smores skillet cookie, I began the base for my skillet cookie by melting butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
Instructions for making Smores Skillet Cookie
Once the butter melts, you add brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved. After the sugars dissolve, remove the skillet from the stove. Allow the sugar mixture to cool down until it is just warm. When the sugar mixture is cool, stir in the eggs and vanilla. Next, whisk in the baking soda, flour, and salt. The batter will be thick. Remove half of the dough from the skillet. Pat the half of the cookie dough down into the skillet.
You are now ready to layer on the Smores ingredients.
Layer your graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate bars, and marshmallows. I also added a layer of pecans. I know pecans do not typically go in Smores, but I love them in chocolate chip cookies. This Smores Skillet Cookie is a kicked up giant chocolate chip cookie. You can leave them out if you wish. After layering on the broken graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate bars, marshmallows, and pecans, you pat the other half of the cookie dough on top of the goodies. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Loaded Smores Skillet Cookies For Everyday Family Fun
- 1 cup 2 sticks real unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Two large eggs beaten
- Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 Grahm Crackers One package, break each cracker into eight pieces.
- 4 - 1.55 ounces Hershey Chocolate Bars break each one into eight pieces.
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Top with Chocolate and Ice Cream
- In a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- Remove half of the cookie dough and pat of the mixture down in the skillet.
- Layer pecans, Grahm crackers, Hershey's chocolate bars, and Marshmallows.
- Press the rest of the cookie dough by flattening a little bit of cookie dough at a time in your hand and placing it on top of everything.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Should Try
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.