Why do I love this Smores Skillet Cookie? It is not only a fantastic dessert, but it is prepared and baked in the same skillet.
This Smores Skillet Cookie is an actual “one skillet” recipe. If you want to make an easy special dessert, everyone will love; you have to make a skillet cookie.
This Smores Skillet Cookie is
At the bottom of this page, you will find links to many other skillet cookies recipes.
Ooey Gooey Smores Skillet Cookie
You won’t be able to resist this ooey-gooey Smores Skillet Cookie! It is loaded with graham crackers, melty chocolate, and marshmallows too.
Unlike baking a traditional batch of cookies, a skillet cookie goes straight from the stovetop to the oven to the table in the same skillet. A cast-iron skillet creates a crisp cookie crust around the sides and the bottom. The middle of the cookie stays perfectly chewy.
You can make your Smores indoors with this Smores Skillet Cookie.
To make this smores skillet cookie, I began the base for my skillet cookie by melting butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
First Step: Butter
In a large ovenproof skillet melt the butter. To the melted butter, add brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
Second Step: Let Butter and Sugar Cool
After the sugars dissolve, remove the skillet from the stove. Allow the sugar mixture to cool down until it is just warm.
Third Step: Eggs and Vanilla
When the sugar mixture is cool, stir in the eggs and vanilla.
Four-Step: Dry Ingredients
Next, whisk in the baking soda, flour, and salt. The batter will be thick.
Fifth-Step: Create the Smores Part
Remove half of the dough from the skillet. Pat the half of the cookie dough down into the skillet.
You are now ready to layer on the Smores ingredients.
Layer your graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate bars, and marshmallows. I also added a layer of pecans. I know pecans do not typically go in Smores, but I love them in chocolate chip cookies. This Skillet Cookie is a kicked up giant chocolate chip cookie. You can leave them out if you wish. After layering on the broken graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate bars, marshmallows, and pecans, you pat the other half of the cookie dough on top of the goodies.
Last Step: Bake the Smores Skillet Cookie
Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Loaded Smores Skillet Cookies For Everyday Family Fun
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks real
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 Grahm Crackers One package, break each cracker into eight pieces.
- 4 – 1.55 ounces Hershey Chocolate Bars break each one into eight pieces.
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Top with Chocolate and Ice Cream
- In a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- Remove half of the cookie dough and pat of the mixture down in the skillet.
- Layer pecans, Grahm crackers, Hershey’s chocolate bars, and Marshmallows.
- Press the rest of the cookie dough by flattening a little bit of cookie dough at a time in your hand and placing it on top of everything.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Should Try
- PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES TIPS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- M & M MEGA COOKIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA COOKIES
- S’MORES COOKIES
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- LOADED SMORES SKILLET COOKIE
- ONE SKILLET ROLO SKILLET COOKIE
- CHOCOLATE! M & M SKILLET COOKIE
- CANDY BAR SKILLET COOKIE LEFTOVER CANDY
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PARADISE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
- OATMEAL COOKIES PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES
- BEST OATMEAL TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL TURTLE COOKIES
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.