These LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES make me do a Happy Dance.
Sometimes in life, I just get excited and want to do a Happy Dance. After one bite of these Luscious Lemon Blueberry Scones, you will be that excited too.
While sitting at the table, my family was getting annoyed at me for saying, “Have I told you how much I love these Lemon Blueberry Scones?” I said that four or five times. I love a scone that is moist, has a firm outside, has lots of fruit and is LOADED with Flavor. These scones meet all my requirements for excellent scones. They are packed with flavor. I increased the lemon juice and zest in these scones. I also added an icing with lemon juice and lemon zest. Scones are not difficult to make. It is a biscuit with fruit and flavor, but they make a great impression.
My Secrets to a perfect biscuit or scones.
- Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Use a whisk and mix them well. The dry ingredients will be light with no clumps.
In very cold butter. Do not take the butter out of the refrigerator until you are ready to grate it.
- Use a large fork or a pastry cutter to cut the butter in. All you need to do is make sure the shredded butter is covered in flour and not clumped together.
- Fold in your heavy cream mix with your egg. Use your hands to make sure all dry ingredients are moist. Stop working the dough when you see no more dry ingredients and it will form a ball.
Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Plus 1/2 cup cold butter (I grate my butter.)
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Grate the butter over the flour.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Use a knife or pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour.
- Whisk together the egg and heavy cream.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients. The dough will form a ball
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Pat the dough on a floured surface. I use parchment paper.
- Gently pat in 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Fold the dough over.
- Gently roll the dough out to two circles. 7 inches and about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut the circles into eight wedges like a pizza.
- Do not bring scones to room temperature before baking them.
- Bake on sprayed a cookie sheet with 2 inches between each scone. I use Parchment Paper.
- Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes until barely light tan. Do not over bake.
- Mix the butter, powder sugar, juice, and zest until smooth.
- Brush icing on scones.
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.