Thank you for stopping by and checking out these M & M Mega cookies.
If you like BIG cookies, you will love these M & M Mega cookies. They have new Mega M & M’s in them.
I came across these new M & M’s at my local Walmart. They were truly huge or Mega M & M’s and I had to make cookies with them.
I am always looking for something new to put in my cookie dough. I love baking and sharing cookies with everyone. Nothing I make brings a smile on someone’s face more than a cookie, especially if it is a Mega cookie. Kids and adults both enjoy cookies.
My special needs son and the chief baker, Caleb, lights up from ear to ear while baking and handing out cookies he helps make. He loves baking and wearing his chef hat. Caleb has had 17 brain surgeries.
Mega M & M’s
I used these Mega M & M’s in my soft and gooey Chocolate Chip cookie dough and came up with these Mega M & M cookies. I also used my largest ice cream scoop, 1/4 cup. These cookies are truly mega cookies with Mega M & M’s. They were a hit. I plan on making these cookies a whole lot more. I will be baking them soon for my son’s baseball team. We will also be baking these cookies this week for a neighborhood garage sale. Caleb and my youngest daughter are planning on selling cookies and lemonade. This will be a great experience handling money for both of them.
Baking Cookie Tip
- Use butter and eggs at room temperature. You should be able to leave a fingerprint easily in the butter.
- Whip the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Do not over mix the flour!
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until you do not any powder and everything is incorporated.
- Use parchment paper – I love parchment paper when baking. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, just slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet with the cookies still on it. This will allow them to cool.
- Use an ice cream scoop when scooping out your cookies. This way they will all be the same size and will bake evenly.
Freezing Cookie Dough
- Scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can put the cookies closer together on the baking sheet when freezing them than when you are baking them. If you scoop the cookie dough out first and then freeze it, you do not have a problem with the dough being as hard as a rock and you cannot scoop it out of a container. After scooping out the cookie dough, place the baking pan in the freezer until the cookies are frozen. Place frozen cookies into large freezer zip lock bags and store in the freezer. This helps the cookies when baking. The cookies do not spread out so much. Also, you will have cookies on hand in case of an emergency.
- Do not overcook your cookies. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, they will continue to bake.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COOKIE SHEET SET
- MINI SERVING SPATULA
- ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON SET
- MEASURING CUP SET
- TEAK WOODEN SPOON
- MEDIUM ICE CREAM SCOOP
- GOTHAM STEEL – NON-STICK COOKIE SHEETS Made with Titanium & Steel
M & M Mega Cookies by Chef Caleb
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- And 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 TB pure vanilla
- Two whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 large bags of Mega M & M's about 3-1/2 to 4 cups
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the soft butter and shortening
- Mix in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until very creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the pure vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients which you sifted JUST until blended. Do not over mix.
- Mix by hand 2 bag of Mega M & M's into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop cookies onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- BAKING TIP: Place the pan of cookie dough in the freezer at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake 375 degrees for 24 minutes if using a 1/3 cup ice cream scoop.
- Bake 15 minutes if using a regular size 1/4 cup ice cream scoop.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Should Try
- BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
- OATMEAL COOKIES PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES
- BEST OATMEAL TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL TURTLE COOKIES
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.