If you are looking for a delicious macaroni salad, I am so glad you are here. I am going to share some of my secrets.
This Macaroni Salad is perfect for a picnic or cookout.
Ingredients to Make this Macaroni Salad Recipe
To make this fabulous macaroni salad, you will need elbow macaroni, hard-boiled eggs, red onion, celery, and mayo. Add more flavor to this pasta with salt, pepper, celery salt, sweet relish, and my secret ingredient honey mustard.
I remember eating this Macaroni Salad at family gatherings and picnics growing up. I still enjoy it at picnics and cookouts. If I have a picnic or barbecue, my family loves what I call “Picnic Comfort Foods.” These recipes include Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Macaroni & Cheese, pasta salads (see below), and this comforting Macaroni Salad. My youngest daughter, Diana, says, “I love it better than Macaroni & Cheese.” I caught my 17-year-old son eating it for breakfast. He enjoys it too.
Other pasta salads you will enjoy!
- 50 Pasta Salad Recipes
- PEPPERONI PIZZA PASTA
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- ITALIAN CHEESY MACARONI PASTA
- CAYENNE RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
- TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD WITH CHICKEN
What is in this Macaroni Salad?
You will love the combination of these ingredients. It is delicious! Typically, you will find this salad made with a lot more, maybe even double, the mayonnaise that I use. I use 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1/2 cup honey mustard which I think binds everything together without drenching it. I love hard-cooked eggs, and they are delicious in this recipe, so I use six of them. The celery and the purple onion add flavor and crunch.
Everything works together to make this great tasting Easy Macaroni Salad. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Macaroni Picnic Salad
- Cook the macaroni according to the package.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs.
- Dice the purple onion.
- Chop the celery, fine
- Mix the mayo, honey mustard, salt, pepper, and celery salt.
- Add the mayo mixture to the macaroni, eggs, onion, and celery.
- Cover and Refrigerate.
Pretzel Salad – Perfect Sweet Salty Combination!
Are you planning a vacation?
Be sure to visit my travel blog, Our American Travels.
- Disney World Resort Tips & Reviews
- Best Things To Do Branson, MO
- Maine Vacation – 9 Ideas – Best of Maine
- The Best Of Orange Beach, Alabama