If you are looking for a delicious macaroni salad, I am so glad you are here. I am going to share some of my secrets.
This Macaroni Salad is perfect for a picnic or cookout.
To make this fabulous macaroni salad, you will need elbow macaroni, hard boiled eggs, red onion, celery, mayo, salt, pepper, celery salt, sweet relish, and my secret ingredient honey mustard.
I remember eating this Macaroni Salad at family gatherings and picnics growing up. I still enjoy it at picnics and cookouts. If I have a picnic or barbecue, my family loves what I call “Picnic Comfort Foods.” These recipes include Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Macaroni & Cheese, pasta salads (see below), and this comforting Macaroni Salad. My youngest daughter, Diana, says, “I love it better than Macaroni & Cheese.” I caught my 17-year-old son eating it for breakfast. He enjoys it too.
Other pasta salads you will enjoy!
- 25 EASY PASTA RECIPES
- PEPPERONI PIZZA PASTA
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- ITALIAN CHEESY MACARONI PASTA
- CAYENNE RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
- TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD WITH CHICKEN
What is in this Macaroni Salad?
My family loves this combination of Macaroni, hard-cooked eggs, celery, mayonnaise, honey mustard, purple onion, pickle relish, celery salt, plus salt and pepper. It is delicious! Typically, you will find this salad made with a lot more, maybe even double, the mayonnaise that I use. I use 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1/2 cup honey mustard which I think binds everything together without drenching it. I love hard-cooked eggs, and they go perfectly with this Macaroni Salad, so I use six of them. The celery and the purple onion add flavor and crunch.
Everything works together to make this great tasting Easy Macaroni Picnic Salad. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Macaroni Picnic Salad
- 16 ounce package of elbow macaroni
- 6 hard cooked eggs sliced
- 1 small red/purple onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped fine
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- Cook the macaroni according to the package.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs.
- Dice the purple onion.
- Chop the celery, fine
- Mix the mayo, honey mustard, salt, pepper, and celery salt.
- Add the mayo mixture to the macaroni, eggs, onion, and celery.
- Cover and Refrigerate.