Are you looking for a delicious breakfast casserole? This MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE is incredibly tasty are perfect for a holiday weekend.
I am thrilled you have landed here. Before we talk about this breakfast casserole, I wanted to TRY to bring a smile to your face. I am sure you are feeling the stress of the Christmas season.
Do you know What Happens When Southern People Cannot Talk Anymore? They Go Through Withdrawals. I am Southern, and I guess this explains why I like to blog.
Just in case you did not smile, I will give it another try. You will NEVER hear a Southern say the following!
- Do you think my hair is too big?
- The tires on that truck are too big.
- Unsweetened tea tastes better.
- I’ll have grapefruit instead of a bowl of gravy.
- Give me the SMALL bag of pork rinds.
- I just couldn’t find a thing at Wal-Mart today.
- Trim the fat off that steak.
I hope you cracked a little smile. I also hope you find time during the holidays to focus on the real reason for Christmas. Put Christ back into our everyday life. He will make it far less stressful.
What is in this MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE?
- Hash browns cubed
- Country Ham, cooked and drained, diced into bite size pieces,(you can use other ham including a honey ham)
- Maple Sausage, Cooked and drained
- Worcestershire Sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- dry mustard
- ground black pepper
MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
What gives this Crock-Pot Meaty Breakfast lots of flavors is the Worcestershire Sauce and dry mustard. The bacon, sausage, and ham also give it flavor. I would say this is a very flavorful hearty breakfast.
If you have never cooked with Country Ham, you will have a real treat. It is cured with salt and then smoked in a smokehouse. Country Hams are salty. You do not need to add extra salt. If you do not want to try Country Ham in this breakfast casserole, you can use any ham.
HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 20- ounce bag hash browns cubed THAWED
- ¾ pound of Country Ham cooked and drained, diced into bite size pieces,(you can use other ham including a honey ham)
- 1 pound of Maple Sausage Cooked and drained
- Eight slices of cooked hard and crumbled
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- One tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided (one cup to layer on top)
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set the baking dish on a sheet pan.
- Add the hashbrowns on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer the bacon, sausage, and ham on to of the hash browns.
- Beat together eggs and milk
- Add 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce, 1 cup cheddar cheese, dry mustard, and the black pepper.
- Pour over the country ham, sausage, bacon.
- With the back of the spoon, pat the meat down under the egg mixture.
- Layer 1 cup of cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.
TIP: This recipe fills up a 9×13 baking dish. Place foil or pan under it.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.