This Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe is the easiest peanut butter recipe you will ever fix.
I will never fix peanut brittle again over a hot stove. This microwave peanut brittle turned out great the first time I made it. It was so easy to make.
This Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe is very special to me for a couple of reasons.
First, this Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe was given to me by a follower.
She took the time not only to leave me a comment but also e-mail me several of her favorite easy recipes to try. This Microwave Peanut Brittle is from Mrs. Nadine B. from Oklahoma. Mrs. Nadine is a wonderful Christian who worked 50 years in the Editorial Department of Oral Robert University. She not only worked 50 years of service but she typed 130 words per minute. She earned her nick name “flying fingers.” She still does freelance transcription today. Nadine enjoys cooking for her daughter and her two grandsons.
Since e-mailing me this peanut brittle recipe she has sent me several more recipes. I look forward to trying all of them, especially since this Microwave Peanut Brittle was the easiest Peanut Brittle I have ever made. This Peanut Brittle impressed me with not only how easy it was to make using my microwave but how it tasted like my Old Fashion Peanut Brittle.
Second, my father’s birthday was December 9th. Even though he passed away over 20 years ago, I still miss him.
So on his birthday, I make peanut brittle. Peanut brittle was his favorite candy. It may sound silly, but when I am making his favorite recipes or eating them, it helps me remember the good times we enjoyed. If you have lost a loved one, it can be tough during the holiday season. Take a chance to celebrate the good memories you had with your loved one. Try making their favorite candy. I do not want my children growing up and not knowing anything about their grandfather who was an incredibly generous, funny, and kind man. My heart goes out to everyone who is missing someone during this Christmas season.
- Microwave temperatures may vary.
- Be sure to use a large Microwave safe bowl.
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe
- microwave-safe bowl
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, peanuts, and salt and cook for 6 minutes in the microwave on high.
- Carefully remove from microwave, the mixture will be very HOT!
- Add butter and vanilla, do not stir.
- Return to the microwave and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the baking soda. The mixture will be extremely hot. Stir until light and foamy.
- Mix quickly because it gets hard fast.
- Spread it as thin as you can on a pan that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Allow it to cool completely which will take about 30 minutes.
- Break apart and enjoy it.
If you love making candy during the holiday season, I hope you enjoy these recipes with your family. Click the red link above the pictures for the full recipe.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.