If you love sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions, this Mushroom Onion Swiss Burger is for you.
I have included step by step instructions for you to make this wonderful mushroom onion Swiss burger.
Prepare The Cayenne Ranch Dressing
This is one of my favorite dressings. If you like a kicked up Ranch dressing, this recipe is for you. It is perfect for this mushroom onion swiss burger. You can see the full Cayenne Ranch recipe on an earlier post. Cayenne Ranch Ingredients include Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Salad Dressing, mayonnaise, buttermilk, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, plus Hot sauce, and Cayenne pepper. It is the perfect blend of spices for a flavorful Cayenne Ranch Dressing.
Preparing burgers on a griddle is my favorite way to fix a hamburger. This Mushroom Onion Swiss burger is super juicy cooked on the griddle. I wrote a review about this Blackstone Portable Griddle which I highly recommend. The bonus is it is lightweight enough to take anywhere. We use it in our backyard plus take it in our RV. You can see the full review on an earlier post. I did not get paid for these posts but I added a link at the bottom of this post to the griddle. If you purchase the griddle, I will make a small commission. It WILL NOT increase the price. See my full disclosure.
PATTY AND SEASON THE GROUND BEEF
Mix the seasonings into the ground beef. Patty the burgers. Weigh each ground beef patty or use a large ice cream scoop to ensure the same size patty. Having the burgers the same size will help them cook more consistently. After you, patty the burgers, rest them in the refrigerator at least a couple of hours to overnight.
COOK THE BACON
You could easily prepare the bacon on the griddle but I like preparing it in the oven. Cooking bacon in the oven is the easiest way to prepare bacon. There is No cleanup when fixing it in the oven. You completely line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. When you are done cooking the bacon, you simply toss the foil in the oven. Oven bacon comes out flat which makes it perfect for placing on a burger. Recipe For Oven-Fried Bacon
Add vegetable oil to the griddle when it is hot and saute the onions. You will need 2 to 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Season the onions with salt and pepper.
Add the mushrooms on the other side of the griddle the same time as the onions. Be sure the vegetable oil is hot.
Season and mushrooms with the onions with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Remove the onions when they are caramelized and the mushrooms are tender. This will take about 15 minutes.
COOK THE BURGERS
Cook burgers on the griddle about 4 minutes on each side for a medium burger. Add cheddar cheese to each burger a minute or two before removing them from the griddle. We use sharp cheddar on these burgers.
ADD THE CHEESE
Add a piece of Swiss Cheese to each burger one to two minutes before removing from griddle.
Assemble The Mushroom Onion Swiss Burger
- Add a tablespoon of Cayenne Ranch to each side of the hamburger bun.
- Place the burger on the bottom bun.
- Heap on the grilled onions and mushrooms.
- Place two slices of bacon on top of the onions and mushrooms.
- Next, put the top bun on the burger.
Get Grilling! Enjoy Your Summer With These Delicious Recipes. 7 of our family favorite grilling recipes plus 17 of the best BBQ Side Dishes
MUSHROOM ONION SWISS BURGERIf you love sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions, this Mushroom Onion Burger is for you. I have included step by step instructions for you to make this wonderful mushroom onion burger.
- PATTY THE BURGER
- 4 pounds of ground beef
- 6-ounce burgers equals ten burgers
- 8-ounce burgers equals eight burgers
- Two tablespoons Grill Mates Hamburger seasonings or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- One teaspoon granulated garlic
- One teaspoon black pepper
- Two teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- Swiss Cheese for each burger
- FOR THE SAUTEED ONIONS
- Three white onions sliced thin
- TWO PINTS OF SLICED MUSHROOMS
- VEGETABLE OIL FOR THE GRIDDLE
- 1 POUND BACON
- Cayenne Ranch Dressing for each burger
- Mix the ground beef with Montreal Steak Seasoning, granulated garlic, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
- PATTY THE GROUND BEEF
- Allow the ground beef patties to rest in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Cook burgers on the griddle about 4 minutes on each side for a medium burger.
- Add the cheese a minute or two just before removing the burger from the griddle.
Finally, this post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- Blackstone Portable Table Top Griddle for less than $80
- Professional Griddle Accessories
- Blackstone 17 Inch Table Top Griddle Carry Bag and Cover
- Cuisinart CMD-108 Melting Dome, Silver
Other Hamburger Recipes You May Enjoy
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE REVIEW
- CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS OVEN BAKED
- BBQ BACON CHEESEBURGER GRILLED CHEESE
- HEALTHY JUICY BISON BURGERS
- The Best Burgers
- Grilled Hawaiian Burgers with Pineapple
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.