This No Bake Banana Pudding Pie won first place. The pie contest is held each April at Root Cafe in Little Rock.
If you are a banana pudding fan, you have to try this easy banana pudding pie. The banana pudding filling is thickened up with cream cheese which makes it easy to slice once it has been refrigerated overnight.
During the summer, I am a no-bake pie queen. In fact, I would love to write an Easy No Bake Pieolicious cookbook one day. O.K., I just made that word, pieolicious, up, but no-bake pies are delicious, and it was the first word that came to my mind. There is nothing better than a sweet, creamy light and fluffy no-bake pie to end your summer meal. If you are a light and creamy no-bake pie fan, be sure to check out all my no-bake pies at the bottom of this post.
What is in this No Bake Banana Pudding Pie?
This banana cream pie is ridiculously easy! It is made with instant pudding. To make this Banana pudding pie crust, I used Nilla Wafers, sugar, and butter to make the crust. The filling is made with milk, heavy cream, banana pudding mix, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, bananas, and salted caramel ice cream topping.
Banana pudding in a pie shell is the perfect marriage of my favorite desserts, banana pudding, and pie! This pie is a delicious change from the traditional banana pudding. Do not get me wrong, my family and I love banana pudding. You can find several of my banana pudding recipes on my blog below.
First Place Pie Contest April 2018
The following pictures were taken at the Root Cafe’s pie contest May 2018. I entered two pies which included #6 Banana Pudding Pie and #7 Key Lime Pie. You can see the recipe for my Key Lime Pie here. I was shocked that my banana pudding pie did so well, first place. Do not get me wrong; my banana pudding pie is a fabulous pie. However, I was concern about it sitting in the direct sun before judging. It was a hot day, and the heavy whipped cream was sliding off both of my pies.
First Step: Vanilla Wafers Pie Crust
Using a food processor, combine the Vanilla Wafers, sugar, and butter.
Bake 10 minutes on 375 degrees. LET COOL!
Second Step: Cream the Cream Cheese
With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
Third Step: Pudding Mix and Milk
In a separate bowl, whisk the pudding mix and the milk until no lumps are in it.
Fourth Step: Combine the Mixtures
Slowly add the pudding mix to the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
Fifth Step: Heavy Cream & Sugar
Whip the heavy cream with the sugar.
Fold the heavy cream into the pudding mixture.
Six Step: Bananas
Add slice two bananas and add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
Layer bananas in the bottom of the 9.5-inch deep dish pie plate.
Seventh Step: Salted Caramel
Cover bananas in the bottom of the pie with salted caramel.
Add the pudding cream cheese mixture over the bananas and caramel.
Eight Step: Whipped Cream
Whip the heavy cream with the sugar and cornstarch until thickened.
Decorate the top of the pie with whipped heavy cream using a decorating bag and pastry tip.
Add extra Vanilla wafers and sliced bananas to decorate on top of the whipped cream.
Ninth Step: Refrigerate Overnight
If you enjoy No Bake desserts, follow my No Bake Pinterest Board.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
NO BAKE BANANA PUDDING PIE
- 20 Nilla wafers
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 bananas sliced thick
- 1/2 jar salted caramel ice cream topping
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 -3.5 ounces box Banana Instant pudding
- 1 - 11.5 ounces Salted Caramel ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Sliced bananas
- Vanilla Wafers
- Using a food processor, combine the Vanilla Wafers, sugar, and butter.
- Bake 10 minutes on 375 degrees. LET COOL!
- With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the pudding mix and the milk until no lumps are in it.
- Slowly add the pudding mix to the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar.
- Fold the heavy cream into the pudding mixture.
- Add slice two bananas and add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
- Layer bananas in the bottom of the 9.5-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Cover bananas with salted caramel.
- Cover bananas and caramel with pudding cream cheese mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar and cornstarch until thickened.
- Decorate the top of the pie with whipped heavy cream with sugar.
- Add extra Vanilla wafers and sliced bananas to decorate on top of the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate overnight
Other No-Bake Pies You May Enjoy
- NO BAKE LEMON PIE
- EASY NO BAKE SNICKERS PIE
- NO BAKE CHEESECAKE PRALINE SAUCE
- BEST NO BAKE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- EASY RECIPE NO-BAKE COCONUT PIE
- NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE PIE
- NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE
- 3 INGREDIENT NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PIE
- NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.