This No Bake Cheesecake is the best New Orleans dessert. It has a delicious cookie crust layered with praline sauce. Next, it includes a creamy no-bake cheesecake.
To top off this no-bake cheesecake, additional praline sauce, and homemade whipped cream is added. It is easy to make and fantastic.
What inspired me to create this cheesecake?
My favorite cheesecake is creamy light and fluffy cheesecake from Copeland’s. They have deliciously baked cheesecakes with fantastic topping like banana foster, praline, and more but I love their no-bake cheesecake. Copeland’s no-bake cheesecake has changed its name over the years. I know over twenty years ago when I first started ordering this cheesecake it was called Al and Jen’s cheesecake. Now, I am not even sure what they call it now. Just ask for the fantastic light and fluffy no-bake cheesecake.
Best Praline No Bake Cheesecake
You probably guessed it, Copeland’s. We discovered Copeland’s about 25 years. They serve traditional New Orleans Cajun-Creole food kicked up. It has fantastic flavors and is always delicious. I think they not only have mouth-watering food but the best desserts too. Most of their restaurants are in Louisiana, but they do have restaurants in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. You can check them out here. I hope you get a chance to try their food one day.
How I make my Praline No Bake Cheesecake similar to Copeland’s?
I add a pecan cookie crust to a ten-inch cheesecake pan. Next, I added a praline sauce that I removed from the stove when it started to boil so it would not get as hard as pralines. I topped that off with five packs of cream cheese mixed with sugar and vanilla then folded in whipped heavy cream. Folding the whipped heavy cream into the cheesecake makes it incredibly light and super fluffy.
Refrigerate Over Night
I then refrigerated this Praline No Bake Cheesecake for at least a day. To serve this special cheesecake, I make some additional praline sauce and homemade whipped heavy cream to top it off. It turns out beautiful every time. It is easy to make but requires time for it to firm up in the refrigerator.
BEST PRALINE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE PRALINE SAUCE
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Stick Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Pecans
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the Butter
- Stir until well blended.
- Press down into the Bottom of a 10-inch Springform Pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until Golden.
- Cool completely.
- PRALINE LAYER
- 1/2 CUP BUTTER
- And 1/2 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- Plus 1/2 CUP PECANS
- COOK ON STOVE TOP UNTIL EVERYTHING IS DISSOLVED AND BEGINS BOILING.
- BOIL 30 SECONDS.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT AND LET COOL.
- POUR THIS LAYER IN THE COOLED PIE CRUST.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 2 1/2 Pounds Cream Cheese - 5 - eight-ounce packs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 TB Vanilla
- 16 ounces of Whipped Topping
- 2 cups heavy creamed that has been whipped
- Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar.
- Add vanilla until smooth about 5 minutes on high speed.
- Fold in heavy WHIPPED topping with a spoon until smooth.
- Place mixture on top of cooled crust.
- Refrigerate at least 8 HOURS.
- TOP WITH 2 CUP HEAVY CREAM WHIPPED WITH 1/3 CUP SUGAR
- FOR THE PRALINE SAUCE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat all ingredients in a sauce pan on medium.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Serve warm over the top of the a slice of Creole Cheesecake with a
- Dollop of fresh Whipped Cream 2 cups heavy cream whipped with 1/3 cup sugar
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.