Are you looking for a fantastic Oatmeal Cookie? If so, I am excited you have landed on these amazing Oatmeal Turtle Cookies.
These oatmeal turtle cookies were inspired by one of my favorite candies, turtles. You can often find me exploring the candy aisle for new products. I am always looking for something special to use when baking. It is no secret I love candy especially anything made with chocolate caramel and pecans.
Imagine 50-year-old women doing a “Happy Dance” over a bag of mini Turtles in the middle of Walmart. For a moment I simply forgot where I was. After thinking about it, it did not bother me. After all, I was in Walmart and you know we have both seen much worse. I have always loved gooey, chewy turtles with caramel and chocolate and my favorite nut, pecans. I simply got excited. Can you relate?
I want to stop here to let you know this is not a paid post. Turtles and oatmeal cookies are my favorite things. So, I was thrilled how these Oatmeal Turtle cookies came out.
I love making oatmeal cookies loaded with all sorts of things including:
How To Make Best Oatmeal Butterfinger Cookies
- Best Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips
Oatmeal Butterscotch Toffee Cookies
How To Make The Best Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
I knew these mini turtles would be terrific in Oatmeal Turtle cookies and could not wait to give them a try.
A few years ago, I received Susan Mallory’s cookbook called Fool’s Gold. I fell in love with this cookbook and had to try her Oatmeal Cookies. They turned out to be one of the best oatmeal cookies I had ever had. They were so soft on the inside but had a slight crunch on the outside. These cookies were also chewy crunchy and delicious. Since reviewing Fool’s Gold Cookbook, I have used Susan Mallory’s basic Oatmeal cookie recipe to make all the above oatmeal cookies including these Oatmeal Turtle Cookies.
Baking Cookie Tips
- Use butter and eggs at room temperature. You should be able to leave a finger print easily in the butter.
- Whip the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Do not over mix the flour!
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until you do not see any dry ingredients, and everything is incorporated.
- Use parchment paper – I love parchment paper when baking. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, just slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet with the cookies still on it. This will allow them to cool.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Use an ice cream scoop when scooping out your cookies. This way they will all be the same size and will bake evenly.
- Scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can put the cookies closer together on the baking sheet when freezing them than when you are baking them. If you scoop the cookie dough out first and then freeze it, you do not have a problem with the dough being as hard as a rock and you cannot scoop it out of a container. After scooping out the cookie dough, place the baking pan in the freezer until the cookies are frozen. Place frozen cookies into large freezer zip lock bags and store in the freezer. This helps the cookies when baking. The cookies do not spread out so much. Also, you will have cookies on hand in case of an emergency.
- Do not overcook your cookies. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, they will continue to bake.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COOKIE SHEET SET
- MINI SERVING SPATULA
- ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON SET
- MEASURING CUP SET
- TEAK WOODEN SPOON
- MEDIUM ICE CREAM SCOOP
- GOTHAM STEEL – NON-STICK COOKIE SHEETS Made with Titanium & Steel
- DOUGHEZ SILICONE MATS
- COOKIE CUTTERS
How To Make The Most Outstanding Oatmeal Turtle Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- And 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Plus 1 - 1/4 cups rolled oats (traditional or old fashioned oats) not quick-cooking
- 1 five ounce bag Turtle Minis unwrapped turtles
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high-speed, cream the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients; just until blended.
- Fold in oats, turtles, and pecans.
- CHILL THE DOUGH for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drop cookies using a large ice cream scoop onto the baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15 minutes until the edges are golden but still wet looking in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Should Try
- PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES TIPS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- M & M MEGA COOKIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA COOKIES
- S’MORES COOKIES
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- LOADED SMORES SKILLET COOKIE
- ONE SKILLET ROLO SKILLET COOKIE
- CHOCOLATE! M & M SKILLET COOKIE
- CANDY BAR SKILLET COOKIE LEFTOVER CANDY
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PARADISE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
- OATMEAL COOKIES PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES
- BEST OATMEAL TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL TURTLE COOKIES
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Are you planning a vacation?
Be sure to visit my travel blog, Our American Travels.
- Disney World Resort Tips & Reviews
- Best Things To Do Branson, MO
- Maine Vacation – 9 Ideas – Best of Maine
- The Best Of Orange Beach, Alabama
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.