Thank you for stopping by Recipes For Our Daily Bread to see this delicious and easy Oriental Chicken Ramen Noodle Salad.
Do you need a 30-minute recipe that is healthy and the entire family will love it? I love the flavors in this Oriental Chicken Ramen Noodle Salad.
Soy Sauce, vinegar, and sugar make a great dressing for this Oriental Chicken Ramen Noodle Salad. The Ramen Noodles and slivered almonds give it lots of crunches.
ORIENTAL CHICKEN RAMEN NOODLE SALAD
When I went to make this Oriental Chicken Ramen Noodle Salad, I could not find my recipe. I am sure this never happens to you. I have confessed before that I am normally a neat person, but when it comes to cookbooks, my life is out of control. Before you see the picture below and judge me, I truly am organized, and I bet you too have at least one area that needs some help in your house. All of my cookbooks are located in one or two places, but I use them and read them so much they are a mess. Cleaning up this cookbook mess is one of the reasons I started blogging. I wanted to make sure my family’s favorite recipes were easy to find and in one place. This reason I was looking for this Oriental Chicken Salad recipe was to double check the ingredients for the dressing.
I did not find the one I was looking for, but I did find one in Simply Yours by Debbie Dance Uhrig. Debbie teaches cooking classes at Silver Dollar City Theme Park in Branson, Mo. Her recipe called for cabbage instead of Napa, a type of Chinese cabbage, which I was going to use. I decided to use Napa still. When I went to the store to get it, they had two heads that were as yellow, not any green on them. You could tell they had sat there for a very long time. They looked terrible. So, I grabbed the cabbage. I could not tell any different in the taste between the Napa and cabbage, but I do think the Napa holds up better. If you find a pretty head of Napa, use it. I also added soy sauce in my dressing as I would normally.
My Cookbook Obsession Mess and I am admitting I have another cabinet full.Print
- Three chicken breast, chopped
- Two bags (total 1 pound) of shredded cabbage coleslaw mix OR 1 head of cabbage
- One package of Ramen noodles including the seasoning mix
- Four green scallions, finely chopped
- One tablespoon Sesame seeds, sauteed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, sauteed
- Two tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Four tablespoons sugar
- One teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- One tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter and saute the slivered almonds, sesame seeds, and the package of seasoning mix from the Ramen noodles. They will burn quickly so watch and stir.
- Combine the cabbage, chicken, scallions, sauteed sesame seeds, and almonds.
- PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- Use a Mason jar or bowl with a tight lid to combine the vegetable oil, sugar, black pepper, Vinegar, and soy sauce.
- JUST BEFORE SERVING crunch the Ramen noodles up and add them to the salad along with the dressing.
- This salad will be SOGGY if you do not add the noodles and dressing just before serving.
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.