Oven Fried Bacon is the Easiest Way to Prepare Bacon. This bacon turns out crispy every time and so easy to make.
I was concerned about safety with the cooking fried bacon in the oven until I tried it.
OVEN FRIED BACON
When building the foil walls around the pan to put the bacon in, I think about our two youngest children who were adopted. They were adopted at ages 4 and 7 1/2. By that time, they both had experienced a lot of trauma. When someone experiences trauma, they build a wall up around their heart. It is very hard for a person who has experienced trauma to trust or love other people. Over our lifetime, most of us experience something in our lives that makes us put up a wall from time to time. Hopefully, by learning how to put our trust in God, we can start learning how to tear down the walls. We will learn how to love and trust again.
By faith, the walls of Jericho fell, after they were compassed for seven days. By faith, the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not when she had received the spies with peace. - Hebrews 11:30,31
The first time I tried to fix bacon in the oven I was afraid grease would spatter and catch the oven on fire.
I have since prepared bacon many, many, many times in the oven and have always had a great experience. I am convinced the oven is the best and easiest way to prepare bacon. This is how commercial kitchens cook bacon.
The best part of cooking bacon is the cleanup. After the pan cools, just throw the foil away. NO MESS!
For an extra treat, try sprinkling the bacon with black pepper before cooking. You can also try brushing the bacon with maple syrup 10 minutes before the bacon is done and replace it back into the oven.
– If you have never tried Chocolate gravy for breakfast, click on the link highlighted in blue.Print
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take a large sheet pan with a lip and line it with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Be sure to cover the edges. I usually build a wall with the foil around the lip of the pan.
- Arrange the bacon in the pan. It is best if the bacon does not touch each other. You can put the bacon directly on the foil or use a wire rack.
- If using a rack, spray the rack with a cooking spray and place it on the foil.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn the pan completely around (vital step).
- Bake for another 7-8 minute.
- Remove bacon to a plate covered with paper towels.
- Adjust cooking time accordingly, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. We all like our baking cooked differently. I usually take it out of the oven and get several pieces out for my husband and then return it back to the oven for another 10-12 minutes. The rest of the family likes our bacon crispy.
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.