If you have fresh peaches, I say “Fry them Fritters”. These Peach Fritters are moist and sweet on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
We are so fortunate to live close to a wonderful peach orchard. The orchard has fresh peaches all summer long. We not only get to pick juicy peaches, but tomatoes, blackberries, plums, purple peas, watermelons, cantaloupe, and a few other delicious summer fruits and vegetables. The peaches are definitely what brings people to the orchard. People come from all over Arkansas to pick peaches. On some Saturday mornings, cars will be lined up all down the street waiting for the orchard to open. This Saturday morning, I sent my husband and one of my sons to the orchard to pick some peaches. We all enjoyed fresh peaches! I made several things using the fresh peaches including these Peach Fritters.
We had the best apple fritters while on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN at The Apple Barn Restaurant. The Apple Barn serves these melt in your mouth apple fritters before each meal. I was recently reading a cookbook that I purchased from The Apple Barn Restaurant. The cookbook is simply called The Apple Barn Cookbook. I came across their apple fritter recipe. I immediately thought about how delicious the fritters at Apple Barn are and how I wanted to try substituting fresh peaches. The first thing I made with the peaches that were picked by my husband and son was Peach Fritters. I also made some peach butter to go on the peach fritters.
The peach fritters turned out extremely delicious. They were golden brown on the outside and cake-like on the inside. I could taste the main star ingredient, the peaches. I added an extra cup of peaches into the original recipe. You can also taste the hint of cinnamon and nutmeg I added to my fritters.
Southern Peaches-Fry Them Fritters
- Beat the egg, milk, and the melted butter together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped peaches and vanilla.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the milk and peaches mixture. Stir together just until blended. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Preheat oil in a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Use a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop for larger fritters and drop mixture into the hot oil.
- Fry to golden brown on all sides.
- Turn the fritters over to brown evenly.
- Dust with powdered sugar while hot.
- Serve with peach butter.
Breakfast Recipes You Should Try
- OVEN FRIED BACON EASIEST WAY COOK BACON
- HOMEMADE SAUSAGE GRAVY
- CHOCOLATE GRAVY & BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST
- CREAMY CHEESY GRITS
- SPRITE BISCUITS SUPER LIGHT FLUFFY
- WHY LEARN TO MAKE SOUTHERN BISCUITS?
- SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
- SOUTHERN PEACHES FRITTERS
- AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS
- PERFECT PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
- BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- CINNAMON APPLE CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- CINNAMON PULL APART ROLLS
- MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 3 INGREDIENTS FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE CREAMER
- SKILLET BANANA BREAD CARAMEL
- FRESH APPLE MUFFINS
- STUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS
- EASY ORANGE CRESCENT ROLLS
- ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES
- LEMON POPPY SEED SCONES
- ORANGE POPPY SEED SCONES
- HAM SAUSAGE CHEESE EGG CASSEROLE CRESCENT ROLLS
- HASH BROWNS AND HAM SLOW COOKER CHEESY CASSEROLE
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES – WAYSIDE RESTAURANT
- RICE & EGGS – MY DADDY’S DISH
- HASH BROWN EGG SKILLET BREAKFAST
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.