Are you a Peanut Butter Chocolate fan? If so, you will love this Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie.
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip pie blends the best of both worlds; creamy peanut butter and rich milk chocolate. My family craves peanut butter chocolate chip pie from The Original Oyster House. The only problem is it is about eight hours from our home in Arkansas. The Original Oyster House has two locations. One in the beautiful snow white beach of Gulf Shores, Alabama and the other location in my hometown of Mobile, Alabama. If we are visiting family in Mobile or vacationing at the beach, we have to eat at the Original Oyster House not only for their scrumptious seafood but a piece of their Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie. Their pie is piled high, incredibly creamy and full of mini chocolate chips.
Graving Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
As I said, we live eight hours from The Original Oyster House. No matter how much we crave a slice of this pie, we cannot simply drive eight hours for a piece. I had to try making a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie similar to Original Oyster House for us to get a piece. I normally make my peanut butter pie in my large ceramic pie plate. This time, I made it in an eight-inch pie tin. Making it in a smaller pie plate allowed the pie to be piled up higher. I also added some mini chocolate chips. My family loved my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie just as much as Original Oyster House’s pie. It does need to chill overnight in the refrigerator to allow it to firm up.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- OREO CRUST:
- Add the crushed Oreos and butter together in a food processor or blender.
- Pack into the bottom of an eight-inch pie plate.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- Using a mixer, beat together the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, and cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whip up the Heavy Cream and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Fold the whipped heavy cream into the Peanut Butter Mixer. Instead of the whipped heavy cream, you can use 16 ounces Cool Whip.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Allow this pie to chill in the refrigerator overnight to firm up.
- For the whipped topping: Meanwhile, whisk the cream cheese, heavy cream, and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Mound the whipped topping on top of the pie and sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips Or Reese’s pieces.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.