This Pecan Pound Cake with Praline Sauce is one of the best pound cakes you will ever eat.
PECAN POUND CAKE WITH fantastic PRALINE SAUCE
My family’s favorite cake is Caleb’s Comfort Pound Cake. Caleb is my special needs son. I started baking with him before he could walk. Baking was a fun activity to help Caleb with his memory. He is now 17 years old, and he has baked a lot of pound cakes. Recently, we were planning on baking a pound cake. Caleb’s twin brother Casey asked if I could put pecans in it and fix my praline sauce to put on top of the cake. It sounded great, and I could not believe we had never tried it. Casey’s Pecan Pound Cake with Praline Sauce turn out so delicious.
What Is In This Pound Cake?
I often get asked, “What is the secret to your pound cake”? We have been baking pound cakes over 15 years and finally arrived at this super moist and delicious pound cake. Some people use sour cream, buttermilk, butter, and shortening. I use a combination of all of these products. This pound cake is always super moist and does not need a topping, but this praline sauce is Outstanding. It is perfect on this Pecan Pound Cake, Caleb’s Pound Cake, Pumpkin Bread, or ice cream.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- Fluted Cake Pan
- Mini Fluted Cake Pan
- Cake Tester & Releaser
- Mini Cake Gift-Making Set
- MIX ‘N SCRAPER
- STAINLESS STEEL WHISK
- SMALL SPREADER
- LARGE SPREADER
- SLICE ‘N SERVE
- ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON SET
- GLASS MIXING BOWL SET
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Bring butter, brown sugar and heavy cream to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from stove and stir in pecans and vanilla.
Praline Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- ½ cup butter flavoring shortening.
- 3 cups of sugar
- Five eggs one
- ¾ cup of sour cream.
- Add 1 TB butter flavoring
- 2 TB pure vanilla extract.
- Add one teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon baking powder to the mixture.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- With an electric mixer, cream together 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened and ½ cup butter flavoring shortening.
- Add 3 cups of sugar to the creamed butter and shortening. This is an important step. Cream these ingredients for 3 to 5 minutes until it is nice and fluffy. See Picture.
- Add five eggs one at a time just until the egg yolks disappear. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Blend in a ¾ cup of sour cream.
- Add 1 TB butter flavoring (or lemon or almond) and 2 TB pure vanilla extract.
- Next, add one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon baking powder to the mixture.
- Alternate the 3 cups all-purpose flour with ¾ cup buttermilk just until blended.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely about 20 to 30 minutes.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.