Thank you for stopping by to see this easy to make, healthy, and delicious Pesto Chicken Pasta.
Are you looking for a healthy recipe? Do you need a scrumptious Pesto recipe with lots of garlic? If so, you have landed on a great post.
What is Pesto Chicken Pasta?
Pesto Chicken Pasta includes a creamy, garlicky basil sauce mixed with garlic chicken and pasta.
One of the best ways to get loads of vitamins is to eat plenty of green leafy vegetables. Pesto is loaded with green leafy veggies but season well and delicious.
How do you make Pesto?
Pesto is easy to make using nothing more than a blender or food processor. The ingredients include basil, garlic, walnuts, pine nuts, salt, pepper, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. A lot of times pesto is made with just basil, but I use a combination of spinach and basil in my recipe. If you are looking for a delicious garlicky Pesto, see my homemade Pesto recipe here. It truly has a great garlic flavor. I use a Vitamix to whip up my Pesto. It is a lot creamier than most pesto.
Make This Recipe Easier Using Store Bought Pesto
For Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe, you can purchase Pesto from the store if you are short on time. Recipes For Our Daily Bread is here to help you put dinner on the table quickly. With five children from the ages of 13 to 24, I totally understand you need easy recipes and shortcuts.
I am trying to eat better and serve my family healthier food. The one thing I like about eating healthy is most recipes are super easy to make. I love quick and easy recipes. This Garlic Pesto Chicken Pasta was quick, easy, delicious, and super healthy. A winner!
How easy is it to make Pesto Chicken Pasta?
Whether you make your Pesto or purchase it from the store, this Pesto Chicken Pasta only takes a few minutes to make. You simply season your chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic before baking them. Once the chicken is done, chop it into bite-size pieces. In a large pot over medium heat, I toss together the Chicken, Pesto, and cooked pasta. I add in tomatoes for color, and your Pesto Chicken Pasta is complete.
Tips for Making Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Use a large pot to cook your pasta. Once you drain the pasta, use the same pot to heat and combine the pasta, chicken, and Pesto.
- Use 20 ounces of pasta to 1 cup Pesto.
- If you have never tried pesto and not sure if you will like it, use 1/2 cup pesto to 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup chicken broth. The heavy cream or chicken broth will thin out the pesto.
- I used Buitoni Tortellini stuffed with spinach and ricotta which was delicious! I love the fresh pasta you can find in the refrigerator section of your grocery store.
- Pesto Pasta is delicious with or without the chicken
Pesto Cream Tortellini Pasta
- 20 ounces Tortellini I used Buitoni Spinach & Ricotta
- 1 cup pesto sauce SEE PESTO RECIPE ON THIS POST.
- Three large chicken breast chopped (salt, pepper, and garlic to season chicken breast before baking)
- tomatoes about a cup.
- Parmesan cheese to top
- Season chicken well with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cook tortellini OR your favorite pasta according to package, drain it
- In a large pot (or the pot you cooked your pasta in) add the pasta and pesto.
- Stir in the chopped chicken and heat until combined.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Plate and top with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.