These pressure cooker green beans taste like they have been simmering for hours, but yet they only take four minutes to cook.
Fresh green beans are plentiful during the summer. Since I am a Southern cook, I love Southern Green Beans, but they take at least an hour to prepare and simmer until extremely flavorful. I believe these pressure cooker green beans are even more delicious and so fast to cook.
I have a six-quart electric pressure cooker that I dug out of my closet. Recently, I have fallen in love with it so much that it now lives on my kitchen counter. If you enjoy using your Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker, be sure to like my Pinterest board for my favorite pressure cooker recipes.
What will you need to make these fabulous pressure cooker green beans?
You will need a 6-quart pressure cooker, 3 pounds fresh green beans, New Potatoes, eight pieces bacon, small red onion, minced garlic, chicken broth, seasoning salt, black pepper, sugar, and Cajun seasoning.
I included a video in this post to help teach you exactly how to fix these fabulous green beans.
Snap the ends off the beans and cut or snap them into 2-3 inch pieces. Rinse the green beans.
Cut eight slices of raw bacon into 2-inch pieces.
Use your kitchen sheers which work great. As you cut the bacon, you can drop it right into the pressure cooker.
With the pressure cooker set to browning mode, fry the bacon until hard. Leave it in the pressure cooker.
Next, add the minced garlic and chopped onions in the pressure cooker. I use my mini food processor to chop my onion. Saute the garlic and chopped onions until the onions in the pressure cooker with the bacon until are tender.
Add the chicken broth, seasoned salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and sugar.
Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. If you like your green beans soft, cook 5 minutes. You can do a manual release or let the pressure release on its own. It’s up to you.
When doing a manual release, place a towel over the release button. The hot steam and splatters will go into the cloth.
See more of my Southern Comfort Food here. 50 CLASSIC SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
For Your Convenience, Below Are The Products Used In This Post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
PRESSURE COOKER SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- 3 pounds of fresh green beans (fresh is better, but you can use frozen green beans)
- 10 New potatoes washed and cut into bite sizes (or small golden potatoes)
- Eight pieces bacon
- One small red onion diced small
- One tablespoon minced garlic
- two cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- one teaspoon black pepper
- Two teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- Cut eight slices of raw bacon into 2-inch pieces. Kitchen Sheers work great for this.
- With the pressure cooker set to browning mode, fry the bacon until hard.
- Add the garlic and onions in the pressure cooker.
- Saute the garlic and chopped onions until the onions are tender
- Add the chicken broth.
- Add seasoned salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and sugar
- Snap the ends off the beans and cut or snap them into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Rinse them well
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. If you like your green beans soft, cook 5 minutes.
- You can do a manual release or let the pressure release on its own. It's up to you.
- When doing a manual release, place a towel over the release button. The hot steam and splatters will go into the towel.
Try These Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes Too
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Ultimate Green Bean Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole Bites
- CROCK POT CHEESY GREEN BEANS
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- BEST CANNED GREEN BEANS
- BEST SOUTHERN WHITE BEANS
- SOUTHERN BLACK-EYE PEAS
- CAJUN POTATO SALAD SHRIMP
- SOUTHERN BUTTERMILK PIE
- CHESS PIE A SOUTHERN FAVORITE!
- SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.