How To Make a Bursting with Flavor Pot Roast in an Electric Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot? This pot roast is easy to make and full of fabulous flavor.
I am going to show you each step to making this well-seasoned roast that is so tender is just falls apart. This Ultimate Pressure Cooker Roast can be made in 60 minutes using an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Be sure to see the video below.
If you had rather use your slow cooker to make this fabulous roast, please see my Slow Cooker Roast recipe.
Be sure to see how you can make delicious meals using this flavorful roast.
First Step: Brown Both Sides
Season the roast all over with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic and cover it will the flour. With your pressure cooker on the browning mode, brown both side of the roast. Only flipping it over once.
Second Step: Add Seasonings To Your Pressure Cooker Roast
Top the roast with minced onion, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, minced celery, garlic, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, and Bay leaves.
Third Step: Cook Roast
With the pressure cooker on high setting, cook the roast for one hour.
Fourth Step: Release Pressure
Place a kitchen cloth over the release valve before releasing pressure.
PRESSURE COOKER ROAST
- 1 – 4 pound Round or Chuck Roast
- Two tsp Cajun Seasoning
- One large onion minced in a food processor or chopped tiny
- Two bay leaves
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- Three celery ribs chopped small
- One tablespoon minced garlic
- One tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour to cover the roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- And 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Plus 1/2 granulated garlic
- Cover the roast with salt and garlic and then flour.
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker on the browning mode and brown all sides of the roast.
- Top with chopped onion, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, celery, garlic, Cajun seasoning, and Italian seasoning.
- With the pressure cooker on high pressure, cook one hour.
- Place a kitchen towel on top of the release valve and release the pressure.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes You May Enjoy
For Your Convenience, Below Are The Products Used In This Post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.